35's and no lift

Thefuzz

I'm sure there is a thread already but quite honestly I'm too lazy to scroll through the thousands looking!! Lol

I'm getting ready to cross my fingers and hope I don't screw up cutting my fenders in the next few days. I've seen on other threads and advertisements for flat fenders that you can run 35's on a stock rubi with flat fenders and the right spacer/offset. There's a big difference in can and should so wanted some opinions whether this is a good idea.
Looking to get some 35 M/T for winter and can't spring for the lift I want yet. Will eventually get it taller but for now just stock height.
Thanks in advance!!!

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I ran my rubi with flat fenders and 35's for about two months. The front tires rub the bumper, so you'll need to make it a stubby or run an aftermarket bumper. Also you'll need to trim about 2" off the rear of your rubi rails.

Good luck. Here is a photo of mine when I ran 35's on stock height.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379395637.559925.jpg

Devallee

You have the right idea. You'll be just fine running no lift with flat fenders and depending on wheels and tires you might need wheel spacers. Just know that you won't get very much flex out of your rig without rubbing but it's fine for everyday driving. Also I would make sure your rear pinch seam is trimmed. If not I'd recommend trimming it. Other than that you should be good to go :thumb:

Devallee

Also I would make sure your axles are good to go before putting on the 35's (i.e. gussets and sleeves) if you're running stock danas

Bullwinckle

Hooked
What frank said^^^ I ran my sport for over a year with the stock suspension and 35s it did pretty good but pretty rough, but doable. I'd say do it! 😁

The fenders are easy to cut just as long as you tape it up and go steady you'll be fine.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1379397417.577744.jpg

Ray ⛺

Thefuzz

I appreciate all the info!!! I'm not wheeling on anything too crazy in this part of the country and its still a daily driver so not too worried about flex. I do have gussets on the factory d-44's so not thinking an extra 2 inches will cause much damage. Thanks for the extra info on bumper and rails. I'm already trimming the bumper due to a few tree victories but never considered the rock rails. I'll post up when I get all done and let you guys know how it works. Thanks again!!!!

gtony12

Caught the Bug
What frank said^^^ I ran my sport for over a year with the stock suspension and 35s it did pretty good but pretty rough, but doable. I'd say do it! 😁

The fenders are easy to cut just as long as you tape it up and go steady you'll be fine.

View attachment 49559

Ray ⛺

Jkray, did you lift your jeep also your gears are 3:21's ?

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

jasonswenk

Did you have to run spacers when you jumped up to 35s and did it rub on the trails?

Did you have to run spacers when you jumped up to 35s and did it rub on the trails?

Napalm

Does anyone know if 35s(measured out to 33.2) will rub on the hard rock front bumper or the hard rock rock rails? A stock Rubi Hard Rock is taking my 35s without any lift and just want to make sure they work for them for a couple days until they get their lift on.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know if 35s(measured out to 33.2) will rub on the hard rock front bumper or the hard rock rock rails? A stock Rubi Hard Rock is taking my 35s without any lift and just want to make sure they work for them for a couple days until they get their lift on.

I wonder it if will just rub on the lower air dam at tight turns.

Napalm

I wonder it if will just rub on the lower air dam at tight turns.

The owner said he assumes it'll rub a little, so he's somewhat prepared. It's not long term, just for a few days. I just wanted to make sure they would work before driving 2 hours.

Or if Discount Tire will put 35s on a stock Jeep. Anyone had problems with that?

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug

I have 35s but my Fuel rims have 4.5" of back space on 3" Plush Rides they do not rub the front Hard Rock bumper or air dam. The back of the Hard Rock rails come to within about an inch of the back tires at zero flex. I'll be cutting them in the spring. Also, the lower air dam on the HR is metal.

Last edited:

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
No I did not. I apologize, I forgot what thread I was in since I had set my iPad down for several hours.....when I came back and refreshed the page I just continued where I left off and was responding to your post/question..... that said, I don't think I would run 35s on a HR without a lift because of the rails in the rear. I'm just under an inch of clearance WITH the EVO springs. The rails on the HR seam to protrude further into the wells than the standard Rubi rails.

Top Bottom