How cold is TO cold

Dashyl

Hey everybody!! Today I took the doors off and the top off of my jeep, I got up around 8 and started unbolting and unhooking everything, it was about 52 degrees F when i started. 56 when I went out for the first drive. When I went out for the drive people were looking at me like I was crazy!!!

So I'm wondering what do you guys consider TO cold to go doorless/topless? I personally keep going until it's to cold for me to handle, where its almost painful to grip the steering wheel Lol!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey everybody!! Today I took the doors off and the top off of my jeep, I got up around 8 and started unbolting and unhooking everything, it was about 52 degrees F when i started. 56 when I went out for the first drive. When I went out for the drive people were looking at me like I was crazy!!!

So I'm wondering what do you guys consider TO cold to go doorless/topless? I personally keep going until it's to cold for me to handle, where its almost painful to grip the steering wheel Lol!!

I say F them lol go till you can't stand it anymore

Sent from my iPhone

JeepJKpwr

You are out of control! Living in socal we are spoiled most of the year. I wouldn't even think about taking my top and doors off if were less than 70 lol

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
36 was the coldest I've driven topless and doorless. It's a little too cold on the freeway. I prefer 75-85. :thumb:

ssgp2

I just bought a heated jacket for my bike rides and will use it to extend my season when I get my Jeep.

MTG

Caught the Bug
As the saying goes...

If its too cold, you're too old! :rock:

Or something like that. ;)

Napalm90

I drove with no doors for a day back when it was in the 20's - 30's where I live. There's no such thing as to cold.

As long as you have a heater, gloves, coat and hat you are good to go. I have ridden my Harley when it was 28*. I would run topless and doorless if possible but with a 4 yo it is hard to keep him in his seat.

Chairokey

It's all relative.. Here in Alaska it has only been getting up to 60* max for the last month or 2. People still have their tops off at 40 degrees. Like everyone says; do it til you can't stand it :-D. I can't even imagine a world where the 60's are too cold anymore lol

It's all relative.. Here in Alaska it has only been getting up to 60* max for the last month or 2. People still have their tops off at 40 degrees. Like everyone says; do it til you can't stand it :-D. I can't even imagine a world where the 60's are too cold anymore lol

DO NOT move to Florida where there are two seasons Summer and two weeks for winter where the temperature gets to low 40's.:brows:

bl17z90

DO NOT move to Florida where there are two seasons Summer and two weeks for winter where the temperature gets to low 40's.:brows:

I would hate having a Jeep in Florida. I don't mind getting caught in the rain every now and then but it seems like you guys get rained on 3 times a week :bleh:

Miss Boss

Assuming no rain... I like to keep the top off until I can't take it anymore. This morn it was 44 on the way to work, but it'll be warmer this afternoon, so it makes it worth it. ...Although the freeway ride to work is a little chilly and people def do look at you like you're crazy! I just wave and smile! :standing wave:

Chairokey

I would hate having a Jeep in Florida. I don't mind getting caught in the rain every now and then but it seems like you guys get rained on 3 times a week :bleh:

It rained here every day for a month :( just had about 3 sunny days. Now it's back to the rain lol

KennyFrench

For 2 years my only transportation was a motorcycle. Granted, I live in Texas so that winters are pretty short. However, as long as there wasn't ice on the streets, I rode. I think the coldest I've done is 28°. I would probably do the same going to and from work, but my wife and I work and therefore ride together and she complains when I have the house thermostat set to 73°.

On another note, I would run with the doors off more often if I had half doors. I don't like the idea of being caught out in the rain without doors - at least not when my wife is with me. When I bought my '98 Wrangler, if you wanted full doors, you had to order them - when I bought my '13 Wrangler a few months ago, I couldn't find a Jeep with half doors.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I just bought a heated jacket for my bike rides and will use it to extend my season when I get my Jeep.

Perfect solution!!:thumb: My wife and I rode bikes for years in the high mountains and Canada. Heated jackets made below freezing temps totally bearable. You can also get heated gloves that connect to the jacket and are thin enough to operate the heater controls. Add heated seats and every sunny day, no matter how cold it is, is a great day to drive topless.:yup:

bl17z90

Ihavn't run topless since my last trip to rausch. I have had my doors off almost all summer but I keep the top up for a little bit of shade so the sun doesn't totally kill me. Also helps to keep birds from shitting on my seats :yup:

And too cold for me depends on how warm it will be that afternoon. If it is going to be 80 or higher in the afternoon I'll drive into work in 40 degree temps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom