JEEP TRAIL OFFROAD GPS: What GPS is everyone running?

JandSJK

In the next month or so i am going to upgrade my GPS. right now i'm using the garmin Nuvi 1390. I'd like to run a more trail/offroad friendly gps. that's non techy friendly

Torqt JK

None yet but i'm definitely interested in the response you are going to get cuz im looking to purchase a gps soon as well

snopro

Banned
Yeah I been curious on what some of the rigs are running. I sometimes see in videos a white GPS antennae similar to what I used to have on my fishing boat. Are people running Lowrance systems in their Jeeps?!?

Gunner

Sorry for a dumb newbie question. Is the factory unit no good off road. I am looking at doing a 13 rubi and thought the high end unit handled that.

JandSJK

Yeah I been curious on what some of the rigs are running. I sometimes see in videos a white GPS antennae similar to what I used to have on my fishing boat. Are people running Lowrance systems in their Jeeps?!?

I have seen people that are running the Lowrance Baja series unit but those are quite a bit out of my price range

snopro

Banned
Gunner said:
Sorry for a dumb newbie question. Is the factory unit no good off road. I am looking at doing a 13 rubi and thought the high end unit handled that.

I removed mine outta my Rubicon and sold it for more than a nice Aftermarket in dashGPS unit that uses my Garmin Lifetime Maps that I pay one time fee.

Indefatigable

The Garmin GPSMAP 60 series is quite popular with me and my friends. Though the Garmin Montana looks to be the next step (future upgrade). Basically the same thing, but touch screen and way bigger display.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
on our old 2007, we are using the Jeep Trail Guide which is the same thing as the old Garmin Quest 2. it is slow and has a hard time picking up satalites but, when it's working, it's a great GPS. i only wish that garmin/jeep offered something similar but more up to date and faster.

on our 2012, i find that i use my iphone with gaia app more and more and have been quite happy with that.

snopro

Banned
wayoflife said:
on our old 2007, we are using the Jeep Trail Guide which is the same thing as the old Garmin Quest 2. it is slow and has a hard time picking up satalites but, when it's working, it's a great GPS. i only wish that garmin/jeep offered something similar but more up to date and faster.

on our 2012, i find that i use my iphone with gaia app more and more and have been quite happy with that.

I just downloaded GPS Kit HD app for my iPad and am going to try it out. My friend uses the iPhone version quite a bit in South Dakota trail riding.
I will have to check out the Gaia app as well
Just would be nice to have the Sirius weather package included on something as well

Serg5000

wayoflife said:

How does the app do when there is no cell signal?

Serg5000

I was just reading the app details. And it's dloading as we speak. Thanks everyone for the heads up.

JandSJK

just got a new phone too. sould like i should have got and iphone instead of the razor maxx:crazyeyes:
Does anyone know of a good andriod app

Top Bottom