Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: JEEP TRAIL OFFROAD GPS: What GPS is everyone running?

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    So you did this all through the PC version like Speedy mentioned?
    You can, but you do it in the app as well. And it's not a "PC version" it's just their website.

I've got a lot of tracks recorded and also several I downloaded... Next time I see you remind me to show it to you if you haven't figured it out by then.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    You can, but you do it in the app as well. And it's not a "PC version" it's just their website.

I've got a lot of tracks recorded and also several I downloaded... Next time I see you remind me to show it to you if you haven't figured it out by then.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Cool... I play with it more before I see ya... (the app) ... not gay.

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunter View Post
    Cool... I play with it more before I see ya... (the app) ... not gay.
    Thank God you clarified that. I was about to rescind the offer.

--
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

Gaia GPS on Ipad Pro in Jeep, Garmin InReach on MTB or hiking

I can't say enough good things about Gaia GPS. Not only can you have many layers on your maps, but you can share routes and waypoints with friends. I have the premium subscription which is $30/yr and it does everything you could want. I have a Garmin InReach that I use for hiking and I'm about to try the ONX hunting software since that shows what land is public vs private. Most cell phone going back to 2G have a GPS receiver in them, and can be used for GPS without service. I am also a subscriber to AllTrails.com which I mostly use to check trail reports to see if there is any intel on conditions, closings, etc. Hope this helps.
    2019 JLUR
    2020 JTR

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by VerdiJeepLife View Post
    I can't say enough good things about Gaia GPS. Not only can you have many layers on your maps, but you can share routes and waypoints with friends. I have the premium subscription which is $30/yr and it does everything you could want. I have a Garmin InReach that I use for hiking and I'm about to try the ONX hunting software since that shows what land is public vs private.
    I have used ONX for backpacking and big game hunts, and I highly recommend it for this purpose. If you get cell reception on the trail, it also offers real time radar overlays for monitoring weather in the same views that shownyour waypoints. Topo maps, distance measurement tools, and public/private land boundaries are the best features of ONX IMHO. If you dont hunt every month of the year, you can save $$ by only getting the monthly subscription for the months when you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

One of the guys from our local club just bought the Magellan TRX 7 and used it last weekend for the first time when we went down to an offroad park in Missouri. Seems like a pretty nice unit. I guess time will tell. I have tried using my phone with the apps but seems I am always grabbing my phone for pictures also.
    15 JKU Willys
    KMC XD 232 Beadlocks
    Milestar Patagonia M/T 35"
    EVO Enforcer 3"
    EVO Boatside Bombers
    EVO ProTek Skids
    EVO Tire Carrier

If you don't own a Jeep you don't understand

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839