Why do you still own your 2007 JK?

AlaskanRubicon

Well I wanted to start a conversation piece for personal reasons. All my life I have wanted a Jeep Wrangler, all due to my first ride ever in a CJ up that vertical incline that no feet could even climb.

It took me 30 years but I finally got my first Jeep Wrangler. It took me moving to the other side of the world to Australia from Fairbanks, Alaska, but, I got me one! :) It's a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon.
yjurumed.jpg
ahysetu7.jpg

Funny part is this was the first year of the new body style for the wrangler that was rather odd on the eyes. I first saw this model in this exact color at an outdoor show in Fairbanks Alaska. I thought to myself "wow that thing is ugly, and look at the color yuck! I would never want one of those! And 4doors, what are they thinking!?"

Well, here I am now with the exact same Jeep that I looked at 6 years ago sitting in my driveway, and I couldn't be happier. How ironic!

And with that I was sitting with my wife having a conversation about interior customisation, (which of course will be posted step by step), and explaining the changes would be permanent and have to be sold with the Jeep when we do sell her.

The reply is what made me know I made the perfect choice in a better half; "Why would you ever sell the Jeep? I would keep it forever." She replied. ;) and a tear dropped my eye. I then realised I would be retiring with my dream come true. Oh, and my wife too!

This brings me to the meaning of this post. I would like to know how many of us out there still have a 2007 Jeep JK as there first and will never part from it?
Why do you love it so much?
Why did you decide to get the 2007 vs. the earlier model?
What was the first modification? What is the favourite modification you have done that made it that much more fun to be in?
Stickers?
Paint job?
Body armor?
Lift?
Tires?
Whatever it may be let's start here.

My first modification to my first Wrangler I own was tires. Now I can't help but stare as I walk away into the store, or as I walk back to my rig.
u9u2aty4.jpg
yqymage4.jpg
y6avuzej.jpg

I love my right hand drive 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and will never let her go because she is my first, and I will always love her for that.

Cheers! :beer: here's to the story writers to come. Can't wait to see what happens here.
From Fairbanks, Alaska to Perth, Western Australia I'm a Jeep owner through and through.

Sent from space monkeys controlling our satellites! :) :beer: :p

Jeeper90

I dont have an 07 jk but i have an 09 and im in love with it. I personally like that green because it reminds me of my dads old willys that he had when i was a kid. On mine i put on 17" DC-2 wheels with 33" Nitto Grappler tires and a smittybilt rear bumper with tire carrier and hitch receiver plus D Ring shackle mounts. Currently waiting on my tube Pure Jeep fenders to get and im stoked for them.

I dont think ill ever sell my jk. Ive already been looking at mopar crate engines for it. rather than get a new vehicle eventually just upgrade it with a new engine and hopefully someday hand it off when i have kids.

Once I get my jk shipped back to the mainland from hawaii ill be putting a teraflex 4" long arm suspension lift plus some additional body armor

To ride in anything else is to give up an incredible experience

JKWrang

I thought the same thing about the unlimited... I said WHAT AN UGLY POS!!!!

And I still thought then when I had to sell my 2002 Dakota. Man that choked me up... one of the few remaining 5 spd trucks, a nice big V6 and all the mods I did... gone.

But the dealer showed me a 08 RHD X no one wanted and I took it for a spin. Fell in love right away. Now, I still thought the Unlimited was ugly at this point. I bought (slightly) bigger tires, an exhaust, and a CAI and I just loved he sound, the look and the performance all the more.

Best part was, she was mine, all mine. I did NOT like the mini van engine at the fore front of my man machine, but hey, we can't have everything we want... can we?

So then we had a baby and my wife was all kinds of hating my 2 dr RHD. Finally saw some incentives on a 14 JKU and figured... hell, why not check it out...

Yknow, I gave the 4 drs all this flak and I had never been INSIDE one.... OMG, the room is unbelievable, I still have unbelievable off road performance and I just felt incredibly at home behind the 6 spd 3.6L with 4 drs. And my wife loved the room too. She is convinced the jeep is wider than my older one... I know it's just cause we are in the "normal" seats again lol

I do miss my 08 RHD though. The 2 doors weren't bad and my Jeep was pretty cool looking if you ask me. But now I get a chance to start from scratch and of course I love my manual trans. I know your thread said 07's specifically, but the point *I* am making is that I loved my early JK so much that I bought a brand new one to hit the reset button on my mileage and increase the life of my JK experience!

I friggin love this thing.:thumb::beer:

Rccrwlr

Still have my first Jeep. It's a 79' CJ5. My wife jokes about how it is my first kid.

ehamasyd.jpg

Bought her an 08' JKUR and now she understands the passion.

qu8azeqy.jpg

Sent via Snow Flake in California

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This brings me to the meaning of this post. I would like to know how many of us out there still have a 2007 Jeep JK as there first and will never part from it?

Well, our 2007 isn't our first Jeep and I'd be lying if I said that we would "never" part from it but, we would definitely be hard pressed to sell it as we do love it.

We've been building it the way we want and it performs like no other Jeep we've ever owned.

We're early adopters and ordered ours in 2006 with everything we wanted :yup:

What was the first modification?

WARN front bumper.

What is the favourite modification you have done that made it that much more fun to be in?

Oh man, that's a tough one. I would have said ARB fridgefreeze but, that's not really a mod. I would have to go with EVO Double Throw Down :cool:

Stickers?

Yup, a bunch of them too.

Paint job?

From body work? Does that count?

Body armor?

EVO Rock Skins and Corners

EVO Double Throw Down/EVO Lever and Long Arms

Lots of different ones but coming soon, K-Spec Nitto Trail Grapplers

main.php

AlaskanRubicon

I thought the same thing about the unlimited... I said WHAT AN UGLY POS!!!!

And I still thought then when I had to sell my 2002 Dakota. Man that choked me up... one of the few remaining 5 spd trucks, a nice big V6 and all the mods I did... gone.

But the dealer showed me a 08 RHD X no one wanted and I took it for a spin. Fell in love right away. Now, I still thought the Unlimited was ugly at this point. I bought (slightly) bigger tires, an exhaust, and a CAI and I just loved he sound, the look and the performance all the more.

Best part was, she was mine, all mine. I did NOT like the mini van engine at the fore front of my man machine, but hey, we can't have everything we want... can we?

So then we had a baby and my wife was all kinds of hating my 2 dr RHD. Finally saw some incentives on a 14 JKU and figured... hell, why not check it out...

Yknow, I gave the 4 drs all this flak and I had never been INSIDE one.... OMG, the room is unbelievable, I still have unbelievable off road performance and I just felt incredibly at home behind the 6 spd 3.6L with 4 drs. And my wife loved the room too. She is convinced the jeep is wider than my older one... I know it's just cause we are in the "normal" seats again lol

I do miss my 08 RHD though. The 2 doors weren't bad and my Jeep was pretty cool looking if you ask me. But now I get a chance to start from scratch and of course I love my manual trans. I know your thread said 07's specifically, but the point *I* am making is that I loved my early JK so much that I bought a brand new one to hit the reset button on my mileage and increase the life of my JK experience!

I friggin love this thing.:thumb::beer:

Good one mate. Hell of a good story! Got any pics of the old and the new?

biggy

Well, our 2007 isn't our first Jeep and I'd be lying if I said that we would "never" part from it but, we would definitely be hard pressed to sell it as we do love it.

We've been building it the way we want and it performs like no other Jeep we've ever owned.

We're early adopters and ordered ours in 2006 with everything we wanted :yup:

WARN front bumper.

Oh man, that's a tough one. I would have said ARB fridgefreeze but, that's not really a mod. I would have to go with EVO Double Throw Down :cool:

Yup, a bunch of them too.

From body work? Does that count?

EVO Rock Skins and Corners

EVO Double Throw Down/EVO Lever and Long Arms

Lots of different ones but coming soon, K-Spec Nitto Trail Grapplers

main.php

I have to say, that is one awesome pic :rock:

AlaskanRubicon

I dont have an 07 jk but i have an 09 and im in love with it. I personally like that green because it reminds me of my dads old willys that he had when i was a kid. On mine i put on 17" DC-2 wheels with 33" Nitto Grappler tires and a smittybilt rear bumper with tire carrier and hitch receiver plus D Ring shackle mounts. Currently waiting on my tube Pure Jeep fenders to get and im stoked for them.

I dont think ill ever sell my jk. Ive already been looking at mopar crate engines for it. rather than get a new vehicle eventually just upgrade it with a new engine and hopefully someday hand it off when i have kids.

Once I get my jk shipped back to the mainland from hawaii ill be putting a teraflex 4" long arm suspension lift plus some additional body armor

To ride in anything else is to give up an incredible experience

Right with ya on that. Hell all I am gonna do is continue my loan payments to the end then continue the same into my savings as soon as she is paid off. That way the $ will add up that much quicker toward that beautiful V8 Hemi that will replace the soggy v6 when she is finally to tired to cope. Redo the suspension every 7-10 years and ill be in heaven when my grandson gets my rig. ( I'm 34 and me boy is only 5) so yah I'm planning on keeping mine and passing accordingly through the family.

AlaskanRubicon

Still have my fest Jeep. It's a 79' CJ5. My wife jokes about how it is my first kid.

ehamasyd.jpg

Bought her an 08' JKUR and now she understands the passion.

qu8azeqy.jpg

Sent via Snow Flake in California

Now that is a nice pair. That CJ looks just like the one I first ever rode in, straight up the side of a rock cliff. Well, looked like a cliff from the back seat and the rag top still on. I looked at it before we got to go up. The hill that is. Couldn't even walk up. It was one of those you had to run up as far as you could and turn around just in time for the momentum to shift and slide down on your a**. Then my neighbour (the owner of the CJ ) said "hop in this is going to be fun!"

That moment, well about 1.7 minutes after that moment, I fell in love for the rest of my life. Jeep without it what would there be? Hiking sticks, ropes, and anchors that's what. IMO :)

Sent from space monkeys controlling our satellites! :)

groovebus

There are 3 things in life you never get rid of; Guitars, guns and Jeep Wranglers. If you do get rid of any one them, you will never be the same and you can never get it back; you can only replace it.

JKWrang

Good one mate. Hell of a good story! Got any pics of the old and the new?

Just the pic I put up of the 08 stock. I wasn't much of a photo guy before, but seeing all the rigs here and the cool stuff people do/cool pics they have, I think I might just become an amateur photographer myself!! Thanks!

JKWrang

There are 3 things in life you never get rid of; Guitars, guns and Jeep Wranglers. If you do get rid of any one them, you will never be the same and you can never get it back; you can only replace it.

I got rid of a guitar once. Really cut me deep. So I had to buy a new one. And it was twice as expensive and sounded 3x better and of course, now my neighbors hate me. I think I will only ever get rid of any of those three things for nicer versions of those three things LOL :cheesy:

Ajd2207

Well I did part from mine I loved it and actually had a tear in my eye when we did part from each other we had great times lol but I wanted to start back from scratch and give it my all with this new one as I did not with the first and also wanted a newer vehicle and of course I couldn't get anything else just wouldn't be right lol now for the build of my new one and ready to max out these credit cards once again ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380000692.328304.jpg
2007 JKU SPORT2.5 35/12.50r20 and a whole bunch ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380000777.735600.jpg
Now for the new build 2013 JKU SAHARA BILLET SILVER STOCK

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I originally had(well I still have it) a 10 jk rubicon,(specs in signature). I love them jeep, but it was too small so we got an 07 jkur and well I will never get rid of that one. I've got big plans for her. My 10 on the other hand, I don't want to sell her, but my wife wants a 4 door also. So, I would rather part with my first jeep to out her in one she wants.

simon

10 jk rubi 3.5" rc lift, black rocks, 35 bfg at, skyjacker dual steering, cherrybomb exhast, jks front track bar, cut flares.

07 jkur 4" skyjacker lift, mopar offroad bumpers, 1350 driveshafts, gear alloy rims, 37 nitto mid grapplers, warn 9.5cti winch, hids, mopar steps, skyjacker dual steering, skyjacker axle reinforcments, c gussets, mopar cold air intake, cherrybomb exhaust, poison spyder tramp stamp, evo d ring mounts.

taher2.1

I wanted a jeep since I was 20 but always ended up getting something different. I love my 07 unlimited and it is modified to my needs. Took me a long time but I am happy with all the mods. I am planning to keep mine until I can't drive it anymore.

Year

Model
Rubicon Unlimited

Color
Jeep Green

Transmission
Automatic

Suspension
Blistein 5160
EVO 3 inch coil springs
Teraflex Elite Long arms
Sumo spring bump stops
Synergy Suspension Jeep JK Rear Coil Wedges
1/2 inch front coil spacers

Wheels & Tires
Toyo 35x12.5x17
Mickey Thompson's popular Classic II

Bumpers
Stonehenge Chubby 2.0 stinger
KOR bumper and tire carrier

Armor
Evo Rear Lower Control Arm Skids
Evo Front Control Arm Skids
Evo C2 Axle Gussets
Evo 44 Magnum Sealer

Drivetrain
Dynatrac Prosteer
Snergy Tie Rod with Steering Stabilizer Clamp
Evo drag link flip
Coast front and rear driveshaft
Synergy Rear Track Bar Bracket
JKS front and rear track bar

Winch
Rock 12000LBS with Synthetic rope

Performance
Airaid Cold air intake

Lights
LED rock lights
52 inch LED light with N-Fab light bar
Rigid Dually on KOR bumper
LED Fog Lights

Sound System
Single CD Rubicon Unlimited Stock

Accessories
Frontrunner Interior rack
Rugged Ridge handle bars
Vector Offroad Multi-Purpose Table
Dominion OffRoad on board air system
Coverking Seat Covers
Seat Heaters
Best Top under seat drawer
Rotopax water and gas carrier with lock
telescopic LED mount

1150938_10153112117790710_325863204_n.jpg

525719_10153112078775710_659704206_n.jpg

Last edited:

OhhSeven

2007 jku x

I would like to know how many of us out there still have a 2007 Jeep JK as there first and will never part from it?

I don't plan on ever parting from it but I'm a firm believer in never say never.

The spririt of this Jeep thing is a reflection of who I am. With all it's imperfections and awesomeness, it's unique, it's built not bought, it takes the hard way just because it can and it'll never be finished.

I feel in love as soon as I saw the unlimited.

What was the first modification?

Wheel spacers.

What is the favorite modification you have done that made it that much more fun to be in?

4" lift so I could run 38" tires.

Stickers?

Nope. I generally don't do stickers. I'm not paid to advertise and I'd much rather talk to someone about what's on my Jeep than let them read about it.

Paint job?

No but I'd love to do winter/snow camo.

Body armor?

LoD sliders, Rugged Ridge front bumper, Smittybilt rear bumper

Lift?

Teraflex 4"

Tires?

Currently running Yokohama Geolander M/T+ 38x13.50R17

DSC03175.jpg

IMG_621240.jpg

Vulpine

An '08 purchased in '07

Only one thing will make me replace my '08 Jeep Wrangler: a new Jeep Gladiator. Ok, so the image is big. This was the most mud I got on my Jeep that day.

Still stock and surprised a number of TJ owners in Rousch Creek park in PA.

IMG_0102.jpg

Top Bottom