sharing a story

cosmo11

Whats up guys pretty happy today, so i wanted to share a story with ya. As a kid i had neighbor hood friends i lived in the county so i road my bike behind my house to my best friends house. Spent many a day in an old car, pretending we where driving it, the body was on blocks, it did not have a frame we were just big enough to climb in it. as we got older, my buddy wanted to fix up the old car so his dad found a frame for it. by this time mike and me were around 14 15, we got the body put on the frame, mikes dad mike and me sanded, and worked the body gave it a nice paint job. the car was ready to go when he was 16. Had some awesome times when we would cruise at night on the weekends he would drive my juiced s-10(lol i was 16) and i would drive his ride, threw the years he did a little bit to his car money was hard to come by back then. We were 20 i was living with some friends, and mike and his girl friend had stopped by to see if i wanted to go fishing. I did not go because i had to work early the next morning. mike was driving his girlfriends car. Well mike and his girlfriend had a bad car accident and neither one mad it out of the crash, i was crushed. went threw my bout of depression. He was my childhood friend, and my best friend threw my teenage years. i have drove by mikes house for 16 years at least 2 time a week looking to see if the car he had was for sale. NEVER and it was understandable that they would keep it. but to day i by my buddys salvage yard and their it set, i stopped in and was talking to him about it. he sold it to me. and they dropped it off at my house today..
1967 galixie 500

photobucket-10879-1338494568949.jpg

she is rough but all their

JandSJK

sorry

Very touching story. I'm a car junky any kind really. I just love to see old iron get rescued. Congrats man. Keep us updated on the progress

MTG

Caught the Bug
Fix it up and drive it like you are a kid again! You have too.

Great story, thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom