Holcomb Creek Trail

BBrown626

Having recently (Friday night) finished installing new drive shafts and Evo bolt-on coil-overs we wanted to head up to Big Bear and test it out. Wow! What a huge difference flex and ride quality when compared to my TF 3" coils and Bilstein shocks.

Anyhow, I will say the western entrance to the trail is something I probably wouldn't have tried on my own. It is intimidating. When we arrived at the trailhead to check it out there was a group of guys parked there and enjoying some shade. After I inspected the rocky entrance on foot one of the guys said "Its easy, just follow us." I took them up on it and we had a blast.

I didn't get many pics from the trail, but my wife snapped a few pics of some Wayalifers we passed mid way. The one in the orange Jeep is unable to get over a fairly large rock or is trying to reshape his tie rod. I didn't figure it out. The rest of the group was very entertained and encouraged him to hit that rock again. "I think it moved. You got it. Do it again! Give it some more Gas!"

We found the Holcomb Creek trail to be pretty fun.

IMG_0011.jpg IMG_0003.jpg IMG_0005.jpg IMG_0006.jpg IMG_0007.jpg IMG_0008.jpg IMG_0009.jpg IMG_0010.jpg IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0002.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I didn't get many pics from the trail, but my wife snapped a few pics of some Wayalifers we passed mid way. The one in the orange Jeep is unable to get over a fairly large rock or is trying to reshape his tie rod. I didn't figure it out. The rest of the group was very entertained and encouraged him to hit that rock again. "I think it moved. You got it. Do it again! Give it some more Gas!"

:cheesy: I'd rater break trying. :thumb:

Ha no idea that was you guys.

BBrown626

:cheesy: I'd rater break trying. :thumb:

Ha no idea that was you guys.

I am sure we have far less offroading experience than you. The trail was our most challenging trail to date. We were happy taking the easier route around you, but can greatly appreciate the attraction of the boulders you were working your way through.

ttfhell

Two trips to the Rubicon in 2-1/2 weeks and JKX=no straps. One day in Big Bear taking the hard lines = strapped twice and fully documented by Overlander. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Paisano

I am sure we have far less offroading experience than you. The trail was our most challenging trail to date. We were happy taking the easier route around you, but can greatly appreciate the attraction of the boulders you were working your way through.

I remember commenting on you're new EVO Spec King Coil overs. How did they work for you?

BBrown626

I remember commenting on you're new EVO Spec King Coil overs. How did they work for you?

They were really great. One big complaint we had with our TF/Bilstein combo is the rear would bottom quite harshly and it didn't take much to do it despite having about 5" of up travel available. The Kings soak it up and we never felt it bottom, even though we have just 3" of up travel available. We found we have a lot more flex in the rear as well as the front. It soaked up the bumps on either side so much better. Stability over the uneven stuff was fantastic. We went diagonally over some nasty stuff and barely felt it. We don't have much to compare it to, but it is a lot better than what we had. As long as we don't get an opportunity to ride in a rig with DTD and Evolever we should be set with what we have.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

That picture was me trying to get out I believe. I was trying the same line ttfhell got stuck on and looking at that picture I think it is after I slipped off my line.

At that point I was just trying to see if I could make it but I eventually backed down and went more driver around it.

Top Bottom