The rebuild after JKX.

CJ THAT WENT JK

Well after this trip I learned alot of my weak points obviously from all the pics posted of the busted truss and what not and gonna rebuild. Stay tuned with pics to follow.

CJ THAT WENT JK

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380075587.604187.jpg

Here is a pic of the truss after it was repaired. Now it's time to cut it off and start fresh.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380075655.169904.jpg

This is how we move axles around in the Midwest.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380075703.803566.jpg

Also noticed some hoses needed replaced.

Also tie rod and drag link are getting upgraded to 1 ton and it have to replace the links on the sway bars. I also twisted the splines on my rear driveshaft that has to be rebuilt. Not to mention my rear coilovers that blew out and has to be sent off to be rebuilt. We will see what else I find as I go through it. Gonna sell my kidney if anyone is interested to pay for it all.

ttfhell

View attachment 50380

Here is a pic of the truss after it was repaired. Now it's time to cut it off and start fresh.

View attachment 50382

View attachment 50383

Also tie rod and drag link are getting upgraded to 1 ton and it have to replace the links on the sway bars. I also twisted the splines on my rear driveshaft that has to be rebuilt. Not to mention my rear coilovers that blew out and has to be sent off to be rebuilt. We will see what else I find as I go through it. Gonna sell my kidney if anyone is interested to pay for it all.

Good work!

GCM 2

It's great to see that you are keeping it real and posting up the carnage! On the three JKX's I have gotten to be a part of here is something I have noticed; before the event starts everyone is posting how amped up they are to tackle the run, half way through the run the pack starts to seperate, enthusiasm starts to drop because of wear and tear, and when it's all said and done you rarely hear back from any of the participants who break. It's like the JKX was their one event (ever) and when it got hard they threw in the towel at the end. Look at the guys on this site that have been a part of any one of the JKX's, the accepted the risk, love the challenges and would do it all over again. Hell, its just paint metal and rubber, it's all fixable.

Thanks for the update on your rig! You definitely have the right offroading attitude :rock:

ttfhell

It's great to see that you are keeping it real and posting up the carnage! On the three JKX's I have gotten to be a part of here is something I have noticed; before the event starts everyone is posting how amped up they are to tackle the run, half way through the run the pack starts to seperate, enthusiasm starts to drop because of wear and tear, and when it's all said and done you rarely hear back from any of the participants who break. It's like the JKX was their one event (ever) and when it got hard they threw in the towel at the end. Look at the guys on this site that have been a part of any one of the JKX's, the accepted the risk, love the challenges and would do it all over again. Hell, its just paint metal and rubber, it's all fixable.

Thanks for the update on your rig! You definitely have the right offroading attitude :rock:

Dale is no quitter, hell he broke everyday and kept coming. Lol.
It was definitely a grind but it was such a great time and opportunity to push both your jeep and your own limits farther than most were comfortable. I think a lot of people learned a lot about their jeeps and themselves. Adrenaline, lack of sleep, and crashing/rolling opportunities every minute are hard to beat. Luckily I only had minor breaks and only one almost rollover at 75.
I remember getting back home thinking holy shit I need to apply for 2014 and quick. 👍

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

He just wanted to break more shit than me. At least I got it done in one shot! or a double hit

I look forward to the rebuild! Good luck Dale.

FrankenJeeper

View attachment 50380

View attachment 50382

View attachment 50383

Can you post more detailed pics of your truss? Did you build it yourself?

CJ THAT WENT JK

It was definitely a grind but it was such a great time and opportunity to push both your jeep and your own limits farther than most were comfortable. I think a lot of people learned a lot about their jeeps and themselves. Adrenaline, lack of sleep, and crashing/rolling opportunities every minute are hard to beat. Luckily I only had minor breaks and only one almost rollover at 75.
I remember getting back home thinking holy shit I need to apply for 2014 and quick. 

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Not everyday. Wait, maybe everyday. lol

CJ THAT WENT JK

He just wanted to break more shit than me. At least I got it done in one shot! or a double hit

I look forward to the rebuild! Good luck Dale.

I never thought I would catch up to you after the first day thats for sure. Not to proud to win this award, but I will take it. Its an excuse to start something new anyway.:rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

True words right there - Nice of you to be posting this up Dale :thumb:

:cheesy: Amen to that! Dale is a real trooper :yup:

eh, I still think you got him beat. But of course, you were trying a lot harder :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I never thought I would catch up to you after the first day thats for sure. Not to proud to win this award, but I will take it. Its an excuse to start something new anyway.:rock:

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. If you plan on playing out west again, do yourself a favor and do a 4-link even if it's triangulated. Redundancy has its benefits :yup:

CJ THAT WENT JK

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. If you plan on playing out west again, do yourself a favor and do a 4-link even if it's triangulated. Redundancy has its benefits :yup:

I do have a reverse triangulated 4-link I wanna do, just dont have all the measurements dialed in and waiting on some info on it. To speed up the process here I am going with a more beefy truss and changing alot of other things. I will eventually change it, but just not right at this moment. Here is a pic of the new truss.

364.jpg

CJ THAT WENT JK

Eh, you're being too hard on yourself. Everything breaks and brackets included. If they aren't, well, you're not trying hard enough.

Right on. Just gonna go through the rig and fix the weak points that I think are weak and try to go from there. If something else breaks, wouldn't be the first time.:D

CJ THAT WENT JK

True words right there - Nice of you to be posting this up Dale :thumb:

:cheesy: Amen to that! Dale is a real trooper :yup:

eh, I still think you got him beat. But of course, you were trying a lot harder :cheesy:

He was so desperate to win the award he starting swerving off the road and taking out Antelope. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Top Bottom