NEED HELP! JK Unlimited Shopping

theilkjam

Ok, I will try and explain my situation as simply and easily as possible.

Last year I bought a 2009 Wrangler X (2 door)

It was the best purchase I have ever made. I love it and I was ready to get some serious work done to it and head out west to really see the mountains.

However, I decided that I will someday want the 4 doors that the Unlimited's have to offer and it would be silly to sink a lot of cash into my 2 door when I plan on trading it in soon. And that day has come.

I have been shopping for a JKU for a couple of weeks and I initially wanted a Rubicon. However I have found that 4 door rubicons are impossible to find in my area.

I have found a 2009 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Its fully loaded with every feature I could ever want. It also has both hard top and soft top. It only has 19k miles on it. It blue booked at 35k and Im getting it for around 28k. I also found a 2011 Sahara but it has 40k miles on it. Both the same price. Should I go with the older model with lower miles, or newer model with higher miles?

Are the Sahara models even a good buy?

Any help for advice is much appreciated!

Thanks

Why not a 2012-up jku sport for 28k or less. I bought my 2012 unlimited sport auto new for around 28k

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

KPM171

If you can swing it, try to find a 2012. The interior redesign was done for the 2011 model year, but they still had the 3.8L engine. 2012 was the first year of the new interior and the new engine.

Also, don't be scared to travel a little bit to get a good deal. Find an area with a higher concentration of Jeeps and possibly fly out and drive it back. If you can get a similarly equipped Jeep for $2000 less, that'll more than offset the $100-$250 flight out there to buy it and drive it home.

Good luck!

Top Bottom