Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 96 of 96

Thread: Short arm vs long arm lift question

  1. #91
    Addict Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    HI & WA
    Posts
    7,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrider.... View Post
    Thanks for the feedback... my long-term goal is to install an evo long-arm high clearance kit and bolt-on coilovers ... my pocketbook doesn't seem to agree at the moment...

    one local shop quoted me 30 hours of install time to install both the long-arm kit and bolt on coilovers. Does that amount of time seem correct in your experience with the install? the install is way above my youtube watching mechanical skills... lol so its definitely not a project i will attempt to tackle.

    ohh an I did install a stock front sway bar to replace the currie anti-rock... WOW what a difference. very happy with the highway driving again. who knew. now on to search for a good set of quick disconnects for the front sway bar.
    Good choice...you won't be disappointed. I did the exact same thing to my brute...

  2. #92
    Hooked KevinG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Sudden Valley Washington
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrider.... View Post
    Thanks for the feedback... my long-term goal is to install an evo long-arm high clearance kit and bolt-on coilovers ... my pocketbook doesn't seem to agree at the moment...

    one local shop quoted me 30 hours of install time to install both the long-arm kit and bolt on coilovers. Does that amount of time seem correct in your experience with the install? the install is way above my youtube watching mechanical skills... lol so its definitely not a project i will attempt to tackle.

    ohh an I did install a stock front sway bar to replace the currie anti-rock... WOW what a difference. very happy with the highway driving again. who knew. now on to search for a good set of quick disconnects for the front sway bar.

    The only local shop that would even touch something like the long arm quoted me 35, so 30 sounds about right for a shop that is familiar with it. As far as the antirock, you don't "need" disconnects with it.

  3. #93
    Knows a Thing or Two Clearskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Pine Mountain Club US
    Posts
    926
    Mel @ ORE quoted me 30 hours also... Pretty spot on

    BTW, Love the EVO long arms and coilovers

  4. #94
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    The only local shop that would even touch something like the long arm quoted me 35, so 30 sounds about right for a shop that is familiar with it. As far as the antirock, you don't "need" disconnects with it.
    i removed the anti-rock... back to stock front sway bar... non-rubicon model... figured i'd put on disconnects to allow full travel when needed on trails.

  5. #95
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearskies View Post
    Mel @ ORE quoted me 30 hours also... Pretty spot on

    BTW, Love the EVO long arms and coilovers
    Actually it is ORE who quoted the hours... just checking to confirm... the labor charge puts the build out of reach until next year. but i do want it done correct. now to save up... maybe i shouldn't buy the kids any xmas presents this year...hahaha

  6. #96
    Hooked KevinG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Sudden Valley Washington
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrider.... View Post
    i removed the anti-rock... back to stock front sway bar... non-rubicon model... figured i'd put on disconnects to allow full travel when needed on trails.
    Sorry I read that wrong. I didn't want to piss on your parade if you just bought the AR.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrider.... View Post
    Actually it is ORE who quoted the hours... just checking to confirm... the labor charge puts the build out of reach until next year. but i do want it done correct. now to save up... maybe i shouldn't buy the kids any xmas presents this year...hahaha
    I about choked when the quote came from the shop up here in Washington. What I would have paid in labor covered the price of the coilovers. Jealous that your location is that close to ORE.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS