Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Short arm vs long arm lift question

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtrider.... View Post
    Thanks for the feedback... my long-term goal is to install an evo long-arm high clearance kit and bolt-on coilovers ... my pocketbook doesn't seem to agree at the moment...

one local shop quoted me 30 hours of install time to install both the long-arm kit and bolt on coilovers. Does that amount of time seem correct in your experience with the install? the install is way above my youtube watching mechanical skills... lol so its definitely not a project i will attempt to tackle.

ohh an I did install a stock front sway bar to replace the currie anti-rock... WOW what a difference. very happy with the highway driving again. who knew. now on to search for a good set of quick disconnects for the front sway bar.
    Good choice...you won't be disappointed. I did the exact same thing to my brute...

Thanks for the feedback... my long-term goal is to install an evo long-arm high clearance kit and bolt-on coilovers ... my pocketbook doesn't seem to agree at the moment...

one local shop quoted me 30 hours of install time to install both the long-arm kit and bolt on coilovers. Does that amount of time seem correct in your experience with the install? the install is way above my youtube watching mechanical skills... lol so its definitely not a project i will attempt to tackle.

ohh an I did install a stock front sway bar to replace the currie anti-rock... WOW what a difference. very happy with the highway driving again. who knew. now on to search for a good set of quick disconnects for the front sway bar.

The only local shop that would even touch something like the long arm quoted me 35, so 30 sounds about right for a shop that is familiar with it. As far as the antirock, you don't "need" disconnects with it.

Knows a Thing or Two Clearskies's Avatar
    Mel @ ORE quoted me 30 hours also... Pretty spot on

BTW, Love the EVO long arms and coilovers

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinG View Post
    The only local shop that would even touch something like the long arm quoted me 35, so 30 sounds about right for a shop that is familiar with it. As far as the antirock, you don't "need" disconnects with it.
    i removed the anti-rock... back to stock front sway bar... non-rubicon model... figured i'd put on disconnects to allow full travel when needed on trails.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by Clearskies View Post
    Mel @ ORE quoted me 30 hours also... Pretty spot on

BTW, Love the EVO long arms and coilovers
    Actually it is ORE who quoted the hours... just checking to confirm... the labor charge puts the build out of reach until next year. but i do want it done correct. now to save up... maybe i shouldn't buy the kids any xmas presents this year...hahaha

i removed the anti-rock... back to stock front sway bar... non-rubicon model... figured i'd put on disconnects to allow full travel when needed on trails.
    Sorry I read that wrong. I didn't want to piss on your parade if you just bought the AR.

Actually it is ORE who quoted the hours... just checking to confirm... the labor charge puts the build out of reach until next year. but i do want it done correct. now to save up... maybe i shouldn't buy the kids any xmas presents this year...hahaha
    I about choked when the quote came from the shop up here in Washington. What I would have paid in labor covered the price of the coilovers. Jealous that your location is that close to ORE.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910