GoPro Hero3+

Skirmish

Anyone else excited about the new cameras? The Black edition has a "Superview" that gives you a wider angle on a short distance. I've been playing with a boom off my rig and the closer I can get would definitely be easier in tight canyons. The other new feature is improved night vision in an auto feature. I still run a Hero2 and night shots are useless so this is a big boost. Other than that it has a sharper image, faster WiFi and more importantly, better battery life then the Hero3.

We had a GoPro rep hanging here recently but I haven't seen a post for a while. I would love to see a forum deal from them. I think we could be a powerful consumer base for them and I'm sick of the surfers getting all the attention.

Anyway, I'll probably be grabbing one soon.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Ive been pushing off getting one for quite some time now, and of course lost my discount I used to be able to use. Maybe ill just man up and get one, havnt heard much other than some stuff i saw on Instagram about them.

We've had all 3 editions and use them mainly in skydiving but also use a lot of different mounts it get good wheeling videos too. The 3 is by far my fav for many reasons, size, night videos, software features and overall video!!! Invest!! They are fun!

I am waiting on getting one until I get closer to coming home from deployment. The Exchange has them and if I wait just a little longer they will go on sale.

R/
Will

JAGS

Hooked
I got a H3 silver about a month and half ago. Sadly, schedule hasn't allowed me to hit a trail with it yet. :grayno:

Maybe I'll film myself painting my EVO Sliders. :crazyeyes:

Skirmish

They dropped pricing on the older Hero3 Black and Silver a few weeks ago to clear out the stock. The Hero3 White will stay but the Black and Silver are replaced by the 3+ at their original prices of $400 and $300.

I thought about getting a Silver 3 but I was waiting to see what the new cameras offered. I was hoping for image stabilization but not yet. Still the extended battery life, faster WiFi and better low light are enough for me to spend the money. They also have some fun new mounts out but they are pricey too.

If you are planning on a discounted 3 you need to get one before they sell out. After that you will have to wait till next year for a discount as new cameras launch in Oct every year so far.

Top Bottom