25 bucks for fire extinguisher

Found this at auto zone! Though it was a great deal! Not like some I have seen for like 100 bucks!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131003_195537.png
    ForumRunner_20131003_195537.png
    406 KB · Views: 160

GuillaumeC91

Nice! I'm from Canada and I got lucky at Canadian Tire. Got a huge 5lbs extinguisher for 40$! Mounted it with modified quick release ratchet straps. The bigger brands really make you pay for the mounts I think.

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

TheDuff

Some of those $100 ones use chemicals that won't harm paint, plastics, ect...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

GuillaumeC91

Some of those $100 ones use chemicals that won't harm paint, plastics, ect...

Oh that's good... wouldn't want to damage my paint or fenders while my vehicle is caught in flames and burning to a crisp... :confused::confused: Haha I'm just kidding. Good to know, thought all chemicals were pretty much the same.

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

TheDuff

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_extinguisher

A lot of the expensive ones I see in the off road stores are halon. They are no mess, multiple use, work on 90% of fires, and non corrosive. Sadly bad for the environment and bad for humans in an enclosed area (but so is your vehicle while its burning :rolleyes: )

Last edited:

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
I used an ABC to put out a trans fluid fire on my rig and the exhaust pipe below the manifold actually pitted from the dry chemical. It has been over six months and the exhaust still has white residue on it. Scrubbing didn't do it.
You definitely don't want that stuff on your paint.

TheDuff

I used an ABC to put out a trans fluid fire on my rig and the exhaust pipe below the manifold actually pitted from the dry chemical. It has been over six months and the exhaust still has white residue on it. Scrubbing didn't do it.

Least u got the paint cleaned off fast:)
My subaru had a fire when the power steering line exploded on to the turbo housing. I also used an ABC extinguisher, I was never able to get all the powder out of the engine bay. I tried pressure washer, ect. The turbo and all surrounding exhaust piping had a white residue look that would not come off.

So choose your extinguisher carefully:cool:

Rottenbelly

My jeep is worth a 125 dollar H3R clean agent extinguisher. I also carry a regular abc and 2 of the tundra can extinguishers.
Ive seen someones rig burn to the ground and wanted to take precautions to protect my investment.

The Tundra can extinguishers spray almost twice as long as a regular extinguisher.

Top Bottom