Currently 2010 rubicon build or buy 2013 to build

Charles

Have a 2010 white jk unlimited rubicon that came with a 3"pro comp lift and 35" nitto tires. Was thinking of changing gears to 5.13 and wanted to change to a long arm suspension. Some people say not worth changing gears or supercharging with a ripp system. Telling me it would be better off selling it and buying a new one to build. I would like to know other people thoughts pros or cons. These forums have taught me a lot and really enjoy all the info.

Thank you,

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Have a 2010 white jk unlimited rubicon that came with a 3"pro comp lift and 35" nitto tires. Was thinking of changing gears to 5.13 and wanted to change to a long arm suspension. Some people say not worth changing gears or supercharging with a ripp system. Telling me it would be better off selling it and buying a new one to build. I would like to know other people thoughts pros or cons. These forums have taught me a lot and really enjoy all the info.

Thank you,

my :twocents: is that you should build based off of what you currently got. you have a great platform to start from. idk who these people are but telling you that regearing isnt going to help is nonsense. regearing will help tremendously! also a long arm will be good for on and off road as well. it isnt worth supercharging as you will not notice the power on the trails while crawling.

Aeraun

my :twocents: is that you should build based off of what you currently got. you have a great platform to start from. idk who these people are but telling you that regearing isnt going to help is nonsense. regearing will help tremendously! also a long arm will be good for on and off road as well. it isnt worth supercharging as you will not notice the power on the trails while crawling.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the increase low end power and torque of a supercharger help with crawling?

And for the OP, that's a really tough choice really comes down to your preference. The new interiors and drive train after 2010 was a big selling point for me on the JKs so I'd go with a new one. But of course you can get the job done with what you have if the above is of no concern to you. And yes, regearing makes a huge difference.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the increase low end power and torque of a supercharger help with crawling?

And for the OP, that's a really tough choice really comes down to your preference. The new interiors and drive train after 2010 was a big selling point for me on the JKs so I'd go with a new one. But of course you can get the job done with what you have if the above is of no concern to you. And yes, regearing makes a huge difference.

i have no experience with superchargers. just based my response off of what i have seen Eddie write about plenty of times.

cuongdyna

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't the increase low end power and torque of a supercharger help with crawling? And for the OP, that's a really tough choice really comes down to your preference. The new interiors and drive train after 2010 was a big selling point for me on the JKs so I'd go with a new one. But of course you can get the job done with what you have if the above is of no concern to you. And yes, regearing makes a huge difference.

I had a RIPP SC on my 08 JKUR. All I can say that it was the biggest waste of money that I even spent. Maybe just maybe I might have felt an 25 hp increase if that. I have a 2012 JKUR now. Big different then my 08 JKUR.

Ldogg

Is it a manual or auto? I just added a superchips trail dash on my 08 and saw a pretty noticeable difference in takeoffs and uphill climbs on highway. I would think re gearing would also help with that as well.

kimer82

well i have purchased the 2013 sahara and built it up.
all depends if you are going to swap to different diffs like D60 F/R and put on different swaybar system, then Sahara with leather and heated seats, touch screen does make it pretty.
light mods than rubi with that front D44 with disco and elockers.

i did swap the diffs and have AnTirocks installed.
longarm with 2.5 12" coilover fronts and 2.5 14" coilovers in the rear.

Few buddies running 08/10 rubi with 40" with stock diff does have lack of power than newer penstar.

but before you purchase your 2013, have a blow torch on your left and and warrenty papers on your right and torch it off before you build it up too much.

Charles

Thank you everyone. Great info. It will be hard to financially start from scratch with a new one so I'm leaning towards continue on with what I have. Like all toys I want more power but be better off to just keep going on this one. Nothing better in the world then spending a day jeeping with the fam. Gears, long arm lift to replace pro comp lift, and a few gadgets sounds like the plan for us.
Thanks again!

suicideking

How many miles do you have on your '10?

If the '13 is an option, I would do it. If you want more power, I would trade in for a '13 over doing a super charger.

You can move your parts from the '10, just work that into the deal.

Top Bottom