Thread: Front windows stop... then start working

Fresh Catch

Front windows stop... then start working

So I have the top off and doors on today. Rolled the windows up to park when I got to work. (Makes me feel like it's safer for some reason),., Lunchtime comes around, I hop in, hit both front windows switches and nothing happens.... Back windows work fine. Turn it off/on still nothing. Go get food, jeep is parked for 30 min or so, come back out and the windows work fine. I'm clueless as to what's going on other than maybe Chrysler electronic ghosts (same ones that steal minutes from my clock prob), anyone ever had this happen to them?

Yes, have a 2013 Rubicon and the front toggle switch will stop working once in a while, Dealer said they were ok and that the relay kicks in when they get hot/used a lot. Also happens when the doors have gotten water inside the grab handles..

Knows a Thing or Two
    I've also had this happen to me. Stops working then few minutes later its fine. As long as it end up working fine I guess lol.

Fresh Catch
    Makes me wish I had just plain old manual crank windows, but I guess your right, as long as it starts working again then oh well, I'll just consider it personality... I wonder if it did get hot, parked in the sun with no top on.

I've had that same problem in the past and just this week my driver front window stopped working completely. Dealership installed a new regulator and that didn't work now they are looking for a short in the wiring

-
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4Jesus View Post
    I've had that same problem in the past and just this week my driver front window stopped working completely. Dealership installed a new regulator and that didn't work now they are looking for a short in the wiring
    Often times my door harness will get kicked and lose good connection and will cause my windows/door locks to not work.

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

Knows a Thing or Two suicideking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ridg3runner View Post
    Often times my door harness will get kicked and lose good connection and will cause my windows/door locks to not work.

Same here. If you've taken the doors off before, make sure the connectors are plugged in securely.

-
    Quote Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
    Same here. If you've taken the doors off before, make sure the connectors are plugged in securely.
    The little red plug locks dont work very good on mine so I just use zip ties to hold the plug together.