Alignment after lift, Thrust is off - how to correct

wwood

First post, also first Jeep - 2013 Rubicon 4 door, 1000 miles on odometer. Just finished installing a Teraflex 3" lift with 8 adjustable control arms and front/rear adjustable track bars. Also added Rugged Ridge 17x9 wheels and Toyo 35x12.50R17 ATII tires. Did the install myself in garage. Lots of fun, but I am slow, took me a week. :) Used Eddie's write-up for the 4" Teraflex lift: http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...rangler-4-flex-arm-lift-installation-write-up. Super helpful, many thanks for all your work putting that and many other write-ups together.

Everything turned out perfect except the thrust issue. When I measure the distance from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle, the passenger side dimension is 9/16" longer than the driver's side (passenger side is 116 15/16"), which means the front/rear axles are not parallel to each other and at least one is probably not square to the frame. I don't know but assume a 9/16" error is way too much. I definitely set my control arms to the exact same length on the passenger and driver sides so the error must be due to factory bracket location differences.

Is there anything I can do myself to make the axles parallel to each other and square to the frame (centerline of the Jeep)? Am trying to avoid paying alignment shop the $180 they want for a thrust alignment. Obviously I can shorten the control arms on the passenger side or lengthen the control arms on the driver's side until I get the same distance between the axle centers on both sides but that does not assure that the axles would be square to the centerline. I searched but cannot find any info on this issue.

Thanks.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
First post, also first Jeep - 2013 Rubicon 4 door, 1000 miles on odometer. Just finished installing a Teraflex 3" lift with 8 adjustable control arms and front/rear adjustable track bars. Also added Rugged Ridge 17x9 wheels and Toyo 35x12.50R17 ATII tires. Did the install myself in garage. Lots of fun, but I am slow, took me a week. :) Used Eddie's write-up for the 4" Teraflex lift: http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write...rangler-4-flex-arm-lift-installation-write-up. Super helpful, many thanks for all your work putting that and many other write-ups together.

Everything turned out perfect except the thrust issue. When I measure the distance from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle, the passenger side dimension is 9/16" longer than the driver's side (passenger side is 116 15/16"), which means the front/rear axles are not parallel to each other and at least one is probably not square to the frame. I don't know but assume a 9/16" error is way too much. I definitely set my control arms to the exact same length on the passenger and driver sides so the error must be due to factory bracket location differences.

Is there anything I can do myself to make the axles parallel to each other and square to the frame (centerline of the Jeep)? Am trying to avoid paying alignment shop the $180 they want for a thrust alignment. Obviously I can shorten the control arms on the passenger side or lengthen the control arms on the driver's side until I get the same distance between the axle centers on both sides but that does not assure that the axles would be square to the centerline. I searched but cannot find any info on this issue.

Thanks.

Have same issue. Passenger side longer by 1/2 ". Waiting to hear so others opinion on correcting. Coincidentally, my jeep pulls to the driver side.

Top Bottom