C7 Corvette

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
I was in Chicago last week and was walking down Mag Mile and saw a new Corvette. I have to admit, it is quite a polarizing design and I might even go as so far to say the front end is stunning. The design rear of the doors though continues to irk me. I see it as cheesy and cheap compared to the front end design. I am still not sold on the design overall and I think those reviewers out there comparing the interior now to being the same level as Porsche and others are seriously drinking the kool aid. It is a huge improvement over the C5/C6 but it is Porsche 911 interior, nor should it be.

It does make me wonder and anxious to see the new Hi-Po models. I think they will look very "R" model like.

GCM 2

I am a lifelong Corvette freak and have been waiting for GM to finally get aggressive with the exterior design. The only reason I owned a C5 and C6 was solely based on their performance levels right off the factory floor. I can't wait to see the new interiors of the C7, since this was absolutely the weakest aspect of previous model years. I can't even imagine what the specs of upcoming new Z06 will be. The standard coupe is already blazingly fast!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i LOVE the look of the new Vette! i think it is very catchy and extreamley functional at the same time. yes they got rid of the iconic circle tail lamps but it was so worth it for the added functions/features

Just saw the current Motorweek review of this new C7 on the Velocity Channel (repeat showings all this week) and they had nothing but good things to say about it and they loved the new dash and interior... :thumb:

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Just saw the current Motorweek review of this new C7 on the Velocity Channel (repeat showings all this week) and they had nothing but good things to say about it and they loved the new dash and interior... :thumb:

Of course they had nothing but good things to say. No one at this point is being critical in fear of losing future opportunities.

It will be more interesting once it finally starts getting compared to some of the other $60-80k competition out there rather than being compared to the older version of itself and see if people still feel the same way.

Just some food for thought.....

New M3/M4 (That is still so weird to say)
Porsche Cayman S
New Nissan Z car (Concepts look way cool)
Jaguar F-Type (Interesting comparison)

- Go Irish

A guy that works for the same company that I do was talking to me last Thursday and telling me that his dad just rec'd the first one delivered to Arizona last week and they are 'hot rod gear heads' and said they love it and said it is everything it is boosted about plus more!
They said they are having to turn down crazy offers from other that want it REALLY bad...

Top Bottom