Vendors...the good, bad, and ugly of your experiences purchasing with them

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Lot of members have purchased product from vendors. This is a thread to let everybody everyone know their experiences. I've had bad ones and good ones. Found out by personal experience. I work hard to make money, to spend on my jeep. I don't want to wait for a month for a product that stated "in stock" and then not get it and to only be refunded.

Some incredible service I have received:

Northridge4x..Awesome! Highly recommend. Awesome customer service and lightining speed delivery!!
4wheelonline...Again awesome to deal with great customer service and shipping.

Some not so incredible:

Jeepaddons, warn factory outlet...Bad customer service all around, product not available, no returns on emails.

Hopefully, this will help other members/jeepers make a decision when ordering products for their jeep.

Thanks guys!:thumb:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
always have had a good experience from quadratec (yes im a little biased since they are 5 mins from my house), northridge, and of course EVO MFG

mikefishes

Northridge 4x4 is not only quick and fair with pricing, but they seem very knowledgable on the phone and have steered my in the right direction on several occasions.

Amazon has fantastic prices at times, and while they are not a 4x4 parts store, they were easily $10 less expensive on my OR-Fab tire carrier that Quadratec.

I've always gotten what I ordered from EVO in a timely manner.

4x4 parts was a nightmare!

Northridge 4x4 is not only quick and fair with pricing, but they seem very knowledgable on the phone and have steered my in the right direction on several occasions.

Amazon has fantastic prices at times, and while they are not a 4x4 parts store, they were easily $10 less expensive on my OR-Fab tire carrier that Quadratec.

I've always gotten what I ordered from EVO in a timely manner.

4x4 parts was a nightmare!

I'd rather pay 10 more dollars at Northridge just because they are awesome! Most of the time I think they match the price not sure though

Ldogg

I usually buy from northridge, and even though I have to pay tax now, it's 1 day shipping for free on orders over $100 on whatever is in stock at the Longmont location for me since it's 90 minutes away. I also by from jeep4x4center since they usually have what northridge didn't.

I also do 4wheelparts so small stuff since they are 10 min away!

I buy some recovery gear because they usually have good deals on stuff like that.

Off road elements is all I've dealt with. They have great prices, quick shipping and will answer any questions you have same day. I have gotten my lift, wheels, sliders, procal, y pipe, tire carrier, hi lift, etc from them and have nothing but great things to say about them!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

1yellowjk

THE GOOD

Morris 4x4---good prices, gave military discount and quick service
Discount Tire Direct Online---f'n OUTSTANDING! Great prices, quick service and outstanding customer service, free shipping on 5 rims and tires.
4 Wheel Parts---Good service, matched prices
Amazon---the bomb!
Synergy---nice folks easy to deal with, got my ball joints to me quick.
Superlift---Gave my old club 50% off anything for 2 weeks because they missed shipping some promo stuff to one of our runs...NICE folks.

THE BAD

Rough Country---bad customer support, website didn't show out of stock, no one was helpful...NO ONE!

THE UGLY
JC Whitney---items listed wrong on website, wouldn't fix, customer service didn't know how to help, took way to long to get money back.
Body Armor---Customer service was rude, wouldn't ship missing part, wouldn't return emails after a week or so....they suck!!!!!

Last edited:

JKWrang

Quadratec - Good quality products, okay customer service and very efficient return policy on ANYTHING that is defective. I didnt even have to leave my house to return a hitch and a new one was on its way before I even hung up the phone.

Right Channel Radios - Awesome all around. Can't beat 'em for CB stuff. Seriously.

mikefishes

I'd rather pay 10 more dollars at Northridge just because they are awesome! Most of the time I think they match the price not sure though

Sorry! I left a zero off. Amazon was well over $100 cheaper!! I think Cozdude found the same thing on the same tire carrier

jhires

I've had good luck with Northridge 4x4 and Quadratec when it comes to ordering online. Haven't had to deal with customer service for either, so can't speak towards that.

On the customer service side,
I ordered a CB bracket from strike force zebra who at the time I ordered had closed up shop for a couple week vacation. The owner took the time to email me, apologized, and offered to refund the charge to my credit card. I opted to wait, and was again notified as soon as they (he?) were back in the office that the order was on the way (as verified by fed ex). I'm pleased by the active communication.

Good luck ordering and customer service from Lansky when purchasing a couple of sharpening stones.

JKWrang

Sorry! I left a zero off. Amazon was well over $100 cheaper!! I think Cozdude found the same thing on the same tire carrier

Sometimes I'm skeptical about those deals. Like the dynomax exhaust.... I'm afraid its a knock off :(

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Personally, I'd rather pay an extra $20 per $100 than order from Northridge. Too many incomplete shipments, shipments delivered to the wrong place, etc.

rtguy1

Love northridge. They hook it up. Never had an issue with any of my orders and I've got most of my parts from them. Amazon is good too but I don't like paying tax.

meep97

Another vote for Northridge! I've bought from them 2 or 3 times in the last month and received them all within a week. (which is awesome for where I live) Plus, free stickers!

I've never had a problem with Quadratec but I feel I can find stuff other places cheaper. And their shipping pisses me off. But other than that, they're good.

Belloffroad was about $50 cheaper than anyone out there when ordering my Antirock but it took for ever to receive (like 2 weeks) but I guess saving $50 was worth it!

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Personally, I'd rather pay an extra $20 per $100 than order from Northridge. Too many incomplete shipments, shipments delivered to the wrong place, etc.

I like it order things from Northridge that I know they can't screw up when packing just because of the few things I have hear from you Sharkey being totally messed up

Sent from my iPhone

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I've actually had some real good luck getting some products off of Amazon at VERY reasonable prices as well.

bl17z90

I have only ordered from northridge once and it was really quick and I was very pleased.

Quadratec has a great selection but they are way over priced usually and their shipping is absolutly rediculous. They sent me the wrong part once and when I called them about it they UPS overnighted me the right part and it showed up the next day by 10 am, which was a Saturday and then they had Fed Ex stop at my house and pick up the wrong part. They used to have everything shipped to me in 1 day for my normal shipping time but now that they are using fed ex for most stuff it takes a week......stuff goes from them past me down to west virginia and then back to me wtf. When my lift was deleivered it was "drop shipped" which is where the shipping came directly from AEV, which doens't bother me but it does suck that quadratec charged me a surcharge for shipping and the fact that it took them like 8 days to process the order.

Offroad Evolution's customer service was great, Theresa was emailing me updates and what not just about once a week and would respond within a day every time I emailed her. The shipping time was a little lengthy but that is probably due to me ordering a custom part. I don't like how the shipping labels was just stuck to the rails though......took FOREVER to peel it all off.

Amazon has been great for me, have bought from them hundreds of times and have only had a couple mix ups. Like 2 or 3. Their customer support is great if you don't have to talk to them on the phone because most of them speak very broken english.

Discount Tire has to be the best company that I have ever delt with. Free shipping, they worked with me on price, and the rep i spoke with had no problem talking to me for a good long while. Also I love the fact that I could understand him on the phone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom