solid grab handles

Dr. Satan

What is everyone's opinion on the solid grab handles? Are they in the way when you are driving? What brand does everyone recommend? I am most interested in the type that are made of metal and mount to the A pillar. I have a 2dr and a 4dr and my parents have a hell of a time getting in and out. Thanks for the replies.

GCM 2

Most of the solid grab handles located around the A pillar are going to be a part of one of the aftermarket sport cages. Mine are part of the Rockhard 4x4 sport cage, they absolutely help getting into my jeep.

image-498570713.jpg

In this shot you can sort of see that the handles are really not in your field of view while driving.

image-524846949.jpg

Edit: I totally forgot that there are a few others manufacturers (not sure which ones) that offer a bolt in version that ties into the very top of the A pillar and existing cage above the driver and passenger doors. Those are definitely higher up to grab for and certainly would not be in the way.

Last edited:

GCM 2

Check out grabars. They have front and rear versions. I have not tried them but I saw them a while back and they look pretty cool....

Those are the one of the grab bars I was thinking about! Nice find :rock:

Ldogg

Wow, this look awesome :rock:
Already in the maybe list, so far I'm doing old fashioned velcro ones, not really solid :idontknow:

I have poison spyder grab handles and I like them so I haven't switched yet. These seem like a good replacement though for sure.

Ducky

Advertiser - Motech Representative
Check out Carolina Metal Masters.... They make a sick set of metal grabs, you will be glad you did.They make 2 different styles, pretty Bad Ass, they are on my short list of items to buy..... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381365984.836802.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381366006.361312.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app. -Swany

wetfootnw

I had the ones from Welcome Distributing until I installed the sport cage. They are solid as a rock. Gave them to a friend who enjoys them now. Even got a personal Christmas card from the Vendor last year.

Dr. Satan

The welcome distributing are the style I'm interested in. Synergy has some that are similar but you have to cut up the A pillar trim to install them. Anyone else have a first hand review of the welcome distributing handles or any other recommendations?

JaySC

I ran the welcome distributing grab handles before I moved on to the sport cage. The grab handles were solid especially for my fat ass. Ended up giving them to a friend as well.

And the personal Thank you cards were a nice touch!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom