Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JEEP TECH : How to Install ATX Slab Bead Lock Wheels Video w/ Off Road Evolution

How do you guys balance the slabs?

I know some people use airsoft BB's inside the tire

Quote Originally Posted by ironworker View Post
    Are bead locks street legal

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    If you mean, are they DOT approved, most are not. But, that doesn't mean a whole lot and it's really unlikely that you would get pulled over or given a ticket just for having them.

Quote Originally Posted by Holeshot View Post

BB's and/or Dyanbeads are just snake oil - they don't do squat.

You just take it to a place like Discount Tire and have them balance them. They just use tape on weights and really, they are way better for off road use anyway.

I didn't. I put mine on and have zero wobbles or vibrations (maybe a slight wobble at 80+ ). When I get them rotated next at Discount Tire I may have them balance them then and see if any weight is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ttfhell View Post
    8 minutes each x 5 tires =40 minutes labor When I pick these up today I'm going to have re-negotiate the labor charge LOL! Great to see everything that is involved in doing it the right way with safety procedures added. With my luck these days I'd blow a ring through the wall into my living room.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    LOL! It took me at least an hour on each one. I'll be paying someone to do it if I ever have to do a full set again.

Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post
    I didn't. I put mine on and have zero wobbles or vibrations (maybe a slight wobble at 80+ ). When I get them rotated next at Discount Tire I may have them balance them then and see if any weight is needed.
    Nitto really does a great job of making round tires

Quote Originally Posted by MTG View Post
    LOL! It took me at least an hour on each one. I'll be paying someone to do it if I ever have to do a full set again.
    Sometimes, it's not a matter of whether you can do it yourself, it's, do you want to do it yourself when you could pay someone else to do it

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    They just use tape on weights and really, they are way better for off road use anyway.

ho well, I was about to ask about the tape-on weights, but I thought it would be better not to have taped weights inside the rim for offroad use.

I balance wheels this way almost every day. Our balance machine can take up to 44" tires

ho well, I was about to ask about the tape-on weights, but I thought it would be better not to have taped weights inside the rim for offroad use.

I balance wheels this way almost every day. Our balance machine can take up to 44" tires
    44"? Impressive. Not sure why you wouldn't want to use tape on weights for off roading though. It's the only thing we use and they work great.

Nice video. I wish my local chain tire store would balance my ATX Slabs. Neither Discount Tire nor NTB would touch them. Fortunately, my 37" Toyo's run fine with no balancing until about 75 mph. I can tolerate the vibration up to about 80 mph, but there are only a few highways in Texas that have an 80-85 mph speed limit. After I get some tire wear, I'm guessing that I'll need to find a local tire guy or a truck stop to get my tires/wheels balanced. The odd thing is that Discount Tire sells the ATX Slabs, but they won't mount or balance a tire on them.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    44"? Impressive. Not sure why you wouldn't want to use tape on weights for off roading though. It's the only thing we use and they work great.
    I just thought to myself that, when wheeling in mud and nasty terrain, they would be subject to come off easily if branches and such gets it the wheel.

But after reflection, they are a pita to remove when we rebalance, so I guess they could handle branches

you guys make crap videos!

Nicely done Looking forward to more tech videos and this will come in handy..........when i finally am set with my 1-tons. My poor 8lug slabs just sitting in my garage
    2013 Dune JKU Rubicon <-- Build Thread

37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" ATX Slabs, EVO BO Coilovers Front and Rear, GenRight Rear Tire Carrier, RK Front lower Control Arms, Adams 1310 Front DS, LOD Sliders, DynoMax Comp Exhaust, EVO ProTek Skids, Fender Trim, EVO 1/4 Pounder and stinger, Warn 9.5ti, EVO C-Gussets, AEV Procal, Trektop NX

***Buy Jeep parts Made in the U.S.A.!!!***

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast