JEEP TECH : How to Install ATX Slab Bead Lock Wheels Video w/ Off Road Evolution

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
JEEP TECH is a WAYALIFE series designed to help people learn how to work on their own Jeeps through short and easy to follow instructional 'how to' videos. In this episode, Mel Wade of Off Road Evolution will show you the proper way to install a set of ATX Slab Bead Lock Wheels onto a Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tire. He also provides some great tips and tricks that will help make the install of any bead lock wheel a lot easier. We hope you find this video useful :cool:

Bead Lock Bolts Torque Setting = 20-24 ft. lbs.

bl17z90

It's like having Mel at the local 4x4 shop.......not really I'm sure nothing can compare.

Great video

RockIt Man

Great vid. Thanks to wayalife!

Question...
I run the Spyderlock beadlocks, I am aware that they are similar to the Slabs. My Spyderlocks do use the inserts. Could I replace the inserts with the larger bolts that the Slabs use?

Thanks in advance

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Now there should never be another question on the subject!

I have a question....

:bleh:

:cheesy: So much for that :crazyeyes: :D

Great vid. Thanks to wayalife!

Question...
I run the Spyderlock beadlocks, I am aware that they are similar to the Slabs. My Spyderlocks do use the inserts. Could I replace the inserts with the larger bolts that the Slabs use?

Thanks in advance

The Spyderlocks are made by ATX and they are the same wheel only with different rings. The bolts you have will be the same. :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Perfect timing for me as always. :cheesy:

I could have saved myself some time by using an air ratchet and not going in a star pattern when torquing them down. :doh:

Good to know I should let the air out while rechecking the torque. :thumb:

Thanks for making this video and posting it up.

JAGS

Hooked
So what was/is all the fuss about installing ATX Slabs. It is clearly demonstrated here that one person can do it in just over 8min per slab. :crazyeyes:

Great vid and agree would make a great series and hope more tips come out in the future.

ZERO LIMITZ

Thanks, I just bought a set from EVO and this comes at a Great time!!!! I will be glad when the 4th of May gets here so I can try this out and get them on my Jeep!!!! Thanks Again!!!!

Vrassing

Nice video!:thumb: I would have saved some time if I only would have had this a couple of weeks ago! I didn't have an an air compressor with the ommpfh to pop the rear bead on so I used a little trick with starting fluid and lets say an elongated match! :doh:... View attachment 26462

Attachments

• IMG950507.jpg
    IMG950507.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 180

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Great new series! Now I have expert advice for when I get my bead locks! Can you do an Enforcer lift next 😃lol

👏

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

ttfhell

8 minutes each x 5 tires =40 minutes labor;) When I pick these up today I'm going to have re-negotiate the labor charge LOL! Great to see everything that is involved in doing it the right way with safety procedures added. With my luck these days I'd blow a ring through the wall into my living room.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom