trektop

pvanweelden

Have one, love it, was the only top I ever ran on my tj, so it was the first thing I got for the jku

Sent from my LG-C800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have one, but took it off 10 min ago. Had to get the hard top out of the barn so I can work. Once you go Trektop it just doesnt look right going back.:eek:

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

flotto

I have one, but took it off 10 min ago. Had to get the hard top out of the barn so I can work. Once you go Trektop it just doesnt look right going back.:eek:

did you have to take off the metal brackets to install the hardtop? I'm about to make the winter switch to the hard top

did you have to take off the metal brackets to install the hardtop? I'm about to make the winter switch to the hard top

Yeah but it wasnt hard at all, my padding cover already has a slit in it so I can get a wrench in it. Hardest part was putting the top on by myself, no trees or hoist nearby. Taking the back window off made it easier and less awkward to pick up.

Livin4Today

I sold my hardtop, and only run my trek top nx. It's plenty warm even in the snow. Didn't want the hardtop wasting space, as it was already outside...

Anyone else have an issue keeping the sides tucked in the door surrounds, Imine wouldn't stay tucked very well.

Livin4Today

No but I originally put my on when it was warm out (80+)... Occasionally the tops look a little dicey, but no probs there. The only thing I dislike is the tailgate bar, need to get the Mopar one and sell the two Bestop bars I have. The Mopar bar allows easier access to the back, since the clips stay in place...

StrizzyChris

I love mine. I posted complete install instructions in my build thread(see my signature link). BUT I will say that it is quite louder than a hard top. No problems with the attachment points or complaints about the top at all.

Beyrgut

Have it and love it but, there is an issue with the front surrounds breaking. I've popped the bar retainer off once, gorilla glued it once and snapped it again removing the bar the other day. Time to call Bestop and get a replacement(warranty) surround I guess. It appears to be a common issue and from what little research I've done, the newer ones come with a shorter bar so you don't have to put as much pressure against it to remove it.

Passenger front failed
WP_20130831_002-10x5.jpg

Driver just cracked
WP_20130831_003-10x5.jpg

bl17z90

I don't like the fact that around here ALOT of people have them on their 4 doors. The 2 door version however is less common.

I have never heard of anyone having issues with the 4 door version but I do know one person who had a 2 door and she said her back window would always fall out......then again she may have been doing it wrog :thinking:

Having said that, I would love one on my 2 door because I like how it becomes a bikina top when the windows are out. Thats how I usually run in the summer time, wjndows out no doors top on.

Sent from my phone?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don't like the fact that around here ALOT of people have them on their 4 doors. The 2 door version however is less common.

I have never heard of anyone having issues with the 4 door version but I do know one person who had a 2 door and she said her back window would always fall out......then again she may have been doing it wrog :thinking:

Having said that, I would love one on my 2 door because I like how it becomes a bikina top when the windows are out. Thats how I usually run in the summer time, wjndows out no doors top on.

Sent from my phone?

She probably had it on wrong. Te back window is a little tricky if you don't know how to do it and can be a pain sometimes.

Top Bottom