G2 Gold 35 Spline 4130 or Nitro 35 Spline 4130 deep heat forged

Livin4Today

So my stock rear end puked its guts under the strain of 37s and 5.38s in my Non Rubicon D44.

So tomorrow I'm ordering an upgrade, 35 spline rears with an ARB. I'm looking for help in differences between the two. My goal is to buy the strongest axle I can get for my 44.

Understanding that I need to look at bigger axles to keep from breaking more, but that will have to wait a bit. I'll need to acquire the parts and build the axles so I can then do a swap.

Any help is appreciated, and of course I realize everybody has an opinion, I'm hoping for some strong facts to help me decide.

Thanks in advance

Lance

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1381713589.469389.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you saying you blew your axle shafts or your 5.38 ring and pinion? Cause, new shafts won't keep your really really small pinion from blowing up again. If you did just break a shaft, getting really strong 35 spline replacement shafts will definitely cause you to blow your really really small pinion in the future.

Livin4Today

I blew it all, the 30 splines were twisted a bit.... Hoping to get thru the winter and spring before taking on the axle project. It is my DD...

Livin4Today

Killed the spiders, carrier, R&H and twisted the spines. Had hoped to get away with a grizzly to replace the carrier and spiders, but found the splines tweaked...

I think we might have stressed them in an earlier trip... Trip reports on www.peakputters.com under JK Lance if you have the time, look them up. Alternatively, most are caught in my videos on YouTube on my channel search Lance Greenwood...

Livin4Today

I believe the r&p was damaged by the spider soup after the disentegrated... Otherwise haven't really had much issue there.

Livin4Today

I found the only differences between gold and others was a 25 yr warranty, as opposed to 10 yrs.

I may actually keep mine that long, will have bigger axles well before then...

Top Bottom