Anybody here when evo bolt-on coilovers coming out

Bullwinckle

Hooked
They were suposed to come out a couple weeks ago but havent so not too sure on that, hopefully here in a couple weeks. :fingerscrossed: On the ride you will have to ask WOL. Im sure hell chime in soon... :yup:

Prime8

tintman3 said:
Doea anyone know anything about these and how they ride on street thanks jerry

Still waiting too, I'll holler if I hear anything. The EVO website is fairly out of date (Mopar44 axle banner that links to an empty page, banner for a sale on Slabs that ended mid-May, etc...), so hopefully they'll update it soon, complete with new products!

StrizzyChris

I was at ORE a week ago talking with mel. We werent talking about this particular kit, but where talking about King. He said tKing has been swamped with orders, and the usual wait he had been experiencing has doubled. I'm sure this will not help in the speedy release of the bolt on kit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Doea anyone know anything about these and how they ride on street thanks jerry

coilovers are adjustable both in 2 different spring rates and in valving. needless to say, you can have your set to ride however you want - like a sports car or a cadillac. i've had mine set both ways but prefer sports car like as it allows me to drive a lot faster and corner like one :D

StrizzyChris

Still waiting too, I'll holler if I hear anything. The EVO website is fairly out of date (Mopar44 axle banner that links to an empty page, banner for a sale on Slabs that ended mid-May, etc...), so hopefully they'll update it soon, complete with new products!

They must have heard you....because their awesome Slab deal is now gone :cheesy:

for those who missed that deal...you really missed it...ORE saved me $425 with that special (85/wheel)

StrizzyChris

They must have heard you....because their awesome Slab deal is now gone :cheesy:

for those who missed that deal...you really missed it...ORE saved me $425 with that special (85/wheel)

actually nope...if you scroll to the bottom its still for sale...just dont click on the side wheels link or youll pay the regular price...HURRY UP FELLAS before its too late!!!

mrmike

How easy to adjust and how fast can you drive it?

coilovers are adjustable both in 2 different spring rates and in valving. needless to say, you can have your set to ride however you want - like a sports car or a cadillac. i've had mine set both ways but prefer sports car like as it allows me to drive a lot faster and corner like one :D

WOL, this kit really interests me. How easy are they to adjust? Have to put it up on jacks? I'm familiar with pre-load on a motorcycle shock, typically a lot easier to adjust w/o weight on it. Any special tools required?

As to the ride, I drive my JK pretty hard off-road and the rear simply doesn't have enough up travel to handle anything even medium (1' or smaller whoops or square edge cross grain). Going to stiffer spring and or shock valving will help avoid bottom but degrade the ride quality around town. Currently running a 3" Teraflex lift with front air bump and fox resi shocks. I think the up travel is only about 6". What kind of up travel and droop do you get with the kit set to around 3-4" of lift (for 35" tire)? How does it ride at speed (30-45 mph) over medium obstacles?

Lastly, can you get it from soft to sports car with the same spring set up and no valving changes? Or in the rear world, can you set it up for fast desert with heavy load and then unwind it for lighter load and going on the rocks easily with the same springs?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
WOL, this kit really interests me. How easy are they to adjust? Have to put it up on jacks? I'm familiar with pre-load on a motorcycle shock, typically a lot easier to adjust w/o weight on it. Any special tools required?

once you get your coil overs, you can only adjust your ride height and timing and yes, you would want to drop your axle to release the load on the coils. there is a tool that king sells to help do this but, an allen wrench works pretty well too.

As to the ride, I drive my JK pretty hard off-road and the rear simply doesn't have enough up travel to handle anything even medium (1' or smaller whoops or square edge cross grain). Going to stiffer spring and or shock valving will help avoid bottom but degrade the ride quality around town. Currently running a 3" Teraflex lift with front air bump and fox resi shocks. I think the up travel is only about 6".

i doubt that. with just a 3" lift with your bump stops set correctly, you should only be able to get about 3" of up travel. any more than that and you run the risk of over compressing your coils.

What kind of up travel and droop do you get with the kit set to around 3-4" of lift (for 35" tire)? How does it ride at speed (30-45 mph) over medium obstacles?

i've only got these coil overs of which allow for 12" of vertical articulation up front and 11.25" in the rear set to about 4" of uptravel and, they handle medium whoops great. i've been able to hit them at about 45 mph without bottoming out and with still a super smooth ride. of course, if you want to go faster, you'll want the evo double throwdown with evo lever system. with them, you get a total of 14" of vertical travel and you can take these bumps and bigger with ease at 60-70 mph.

Lastly, can you get it from soft to sports car with the same spring set up and no valving changes? Or in the rear world, can you set it up for fast desert with heavy load and then unwind it for lighter load and going on the rocks easily with the same springs?

no, you would need to send your coil overs back to king and have them set your valving and spring rates. however, if you have the double throwdown system, you can make adjustments to the triple bypass shocks with ease and that will affect your ride and it's ability to eat up terrain considerably.

mrmike

First things first, thanks for your input. Bottom line is if it will do 45 through medium bumps then it's exactly what I need.

As to the up travel, I'm referring to all the way to physical stop and measuring it from my shock shaft (the clean line between dust and no dust on the shaft). The rear has the standard Teraflex bump stop extension. See pic. The lift is actually a 4", my bad.

One thing thy probably makes this work so good is that it can drop down in the bumps and help absorb the energy with that extra travel. Vs only having 2" of droop you have several inches. That goes down in the hole and slows the wheel down on its way back up well before you get into the last inches of travel.

I really need this at minimum for my rear end!

Attachments

• image-507257823.jpg
    image-507257823.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 173

mrmike

FYI that picture was taken with no cargo whatsoever. And I have stock bumpers. I must lose at least an inch when loaded.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
looking at your pic, you have bump stop extensions for a 2" lift and if you really have 4" of lift, they are technically too short. the standard TF 4" lift comes with bump stop extensions that mount to your axle as well to help make up the difference.

main.php

this is what it should look like at a full bump...
main.php

sure, you can run your jeep without them but, it would not be the right way and you would run the risk of having your coils go solid and/or get over-compressed. i personally would not recommend it.

mrmike

Ooohh. Good to know.

Does the EVO kit come with new bump stop extensions? If not can probably have them get me the parts from an enforcer kit. Want to make sure it cycles out the way they designed it too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ooohh. Good to know.

Does the EVO kit come with new bump stop extensions? If not can probably have them get me the parts from an enforcer kit. Want to make sure it cycles out the way they designed it too.

no, the bolt on coil over kit only comes with the brackets and coil overs. the extensions are something you would get with your suspension system like the enforcer kit or ordered separately to match where you have your ride height set at.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, just posted the follow is the official Press Release on Project-JK...

main.php

With a foundation in the first and most proven coilover systems for the Jeep JK, EVO MFG brings you its new LCG Bolt-On Coilover System. The EVO LCG Bolt-On Coilover kit comes complete with all necessary parts to easily convert the JK from the limited coil and shock system to a far superior performing coilover system. With 12” of usable wheel travel, custom built brackets for the lowest center of gravity and EVO’s legendary SPEC valving and spring rates, the EVO LCG Bolt-On Coilover system proves to set the bar, for ease of install, price and performance.

Features:
• Simple and quick installation
• LCG 3”-5” recommended lift height - fully adjustable
• Minimal drilling/cutting required - fully bolt-on
• Hi clearance design
• Retains all factory rear exhaust system
• Retains factory front and rear swaybars
• Contain all necessary parts to convert a standard coil spring suspension system into a coilover system
• Can be used with any long or short control arm system​

Front EVO LCG Bolt-On Coilover Kit
w/EVO SPEC Coilovers
$1750

Rear EVO LCG Bolt-On Coilover Kit
w/EVO SPEC Coilovers
$1850

Notes:
• Recommended wheel backspacing 3.75” or less (smaller backspacing #)
• 2-Door JK: Front and Rear Aftermarket Driveshaft Required
• 4-Door JK: Front Aftermarket Driveshaft Required, Rear Recommended​

SPECIAL PRE-ORDER OFFER!!*
Order your EVO MFG LCG Bolt-On Coilover kit from Off Road Evolution today and receive the following special offer:

> FREE SHIPPING to the lower 48 United States
> NO TAX and if you live in California, Off Road Evolution will PAY for it!
> Receive a FREE EVO T-shirt

* This offer is limited to the first 50 pre-orders only.
Estimated shipping date end of June.

Top Bottom