Vet friendly jobs in Oregon?

JKsix

Today I was honorably discharged from the military and I am looking forward to starting a new job/career back home. Does anyone know of any jobs or does anyone have a job opening for a vet? I'm a fast learner and motivated. I'm going to be living in the Roseberg/ Sutherland area. Thanks for your help.

🇺🇸MERICA🇺🇸

I too am in the process of setting up for life after the military. My recommendation is to look on USAJobs.com to see what is out there. Most of the job posting are government jobs but it will give you an idea. Also look on Monster.com for openings. you may need to take a job at Home Depot or like store to make ends meet until you land the perfect job. A rule of thumb which has been expressed to me is for $1000 more a year you want to make adds a month to searching. If you are planning on making $10,000 more then you will be looking for approximately 10 months. Also most companies are looking for a minimum of a BA/BS or working towards to get your foot in the door. Specifically what type of job are you looking for? What did you do in the military? Will your military experience transfer over to a civilian job?

If you need anything else just let me know and I will try and help out the best I can.

R/
Will

Diver_matt

Given the times/economy, staying in until you have an advanced degree or retire might have been a good choice. Usajobs is a good suggestion. Good luck in your search and the next chapter.

I put my signature....now I just have ink on my screen.

JandSJK

First off thanks for your service. What did you do in the service? I grew up around Roseburg still have family and friends down there. I can ask and see if anyone knows of openings. Just a warning though Douglas County has one of the worst unemployment rates in Oregon.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using WAYALIFE mobile app

1yellowjk

A few tips....

Pull your VMET and use it for writing your resume.

USAJOBs like others have said is a good source to job hunt, federal job applications are an art and you should really talk to someone at the VA about helping you write and craft resumes.

If you're USAF you should have attended TAP, in fact I think it may be mandatory for all discharged/retired military...if you said "f it" then you're stupid! If you didn't get the chance to go, you'll need to contact the VA.

Register for Ebenefits, there are plenty of tool to help you job search and you can file for any benefits you may be entitled to. (you should ALWAYS check)

Clearancejobs.com is another source if you had a security clearance

Here is a list of good sites, a good resume and a strong interview will get you a job.

Clearedjobs.com
Dice.com
https://H2H.jobs
Snagajob.com
VetJobs.com

Also check out Orion (google it)

Here is a job board with lists for days

www.airsdirectory.com/mc/forms_jobboard.guid

www.internetinc.com/job-search-websites/

Also during your time job hunting you can obtain Un-employment Comp and should, you paid into it, and WORKED for it!

The Dept of Labor has plenty of programs for VETS and in fact there are dedicated VET reps at most State Run DOL agencies and their sole job is to help you find a job.

A job won't come to you, so you have to put the work in, but if you try you will find a good job. THE VA SHOULD BE YOUR BEST FRIEND RIGHT NOW!

Good luck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom