Dynatrac ball joints

JK12

Is there suppose to be a gap from the top of the knuckle to the bottom of the C? Here's a picture ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1382048410.763396.jpg

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Yes. You don't see the gap on a stock ball joint because of the boot that is on it.

Mine looked the same.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

JK12

Alright I'm having an issue with the upper ball joint and when I try to bolt up the knuckle the ball joint spins. Not the body of it but the actual bolt. Any ideas on how to stop it?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Alright I'm having an issue with the upper ball joint and when I try to bolt up the knuckle the ball joint spins. Not the body of it but the actual bolt. Any ideas on how to stop it?

Did you snug up the bottom first? I believe if you thigh ten the lower nut very snug it should press the upper into the taper enough to keep the top shank from spinning.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

JK12

Did you snug up the bottom first? I believe if you thigh ten the lower nut very snug it should press the upper into the taper enough to keep the top shank from spinning.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

I did try that but it didn't get it tight enough

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Did you clean the inside of the steering knuckle tapered bores with break cleaner and the ball joint shank? If not, fork it and clean them and try again. Make sure there's no rust or grime in the steering knuckle holes.

Past that, I'm not sure. Maybe use a short piece of 2x4 and try to press it on the shank a little further maybe.???

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

JK12

Did you clean the inside of the steering knuckle tapered bores with break cleaner and the ball joint shank? If not, fork it and clean them and try again. Make sure there's no rust or grime in the steering knuckle holes.

Past that, I'm not sure. Maybe use a short piece of 2x4 and try to press it on the shank a little further maybe.???

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Yes I did clean them. Maybe I'll try the 2x4 and hit it on there. thanks for the help!

Top Bottom