Tuner

CaliCrusher

How can you tell if your JK has been tuned for 35s (34.5s really, 315x70x17)?

I would imagine RPMs at a certain speed would be the tell tale sign, I just don't know what they are. I could always ask the dealer the did the lift and tires before I bought the Jeep, but I don't want to rely on what they have to say.

Last edited:

JKULIFE

Start with your speedo. If it reads the correct speed it has been calibrated to your tire size.

jeeeep

Hooked
if you have a gps you can compare your speed to your speedo.
you can also check it against mileage posts and calculate how much time it takes you to go 1 mile at a given speed.

CaliCrusher

Start with your speedo. If it reads the correct speed it has been calibrated to your tire size.
Ok, so like a 'one size fits all' type of thing. If the Speedo checks out then everything is good.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

CaliCrusher

According to the gps the speedometer shows 20 mph but I'm running 22. Is that significant?

JKWrang

Fwiw the pathfinder at work, the gps and the vehicle tracker all read different numbers so of your speedo says 20 and you're doing 22 on gps I wouldbt be worried.

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

jeeeep

Hooked
According to the gps the speedometer shows 20 mph but I'm running 22. Is that significant?

you should be within that difference range all the way up to speed if you are you're good to go.

Top Bottom