What do i have? Gears.

NCRUBI2012

On Jeep site "my vehicle" shows 3.73 real axle ratio. I was about to schedule upgrading when I decided to look for the window sticker.....which or course contradicts the website. So what do I really have?????

Jeep site:

image-3967362468.jpg

Sticker:

image-3674629769.jpg

David1tontj

Looks like a rubicon since you have the 44s. I think rubicon s only came with 4:10s. I could be wrong, but the sticker is what I would believe anyway

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

crowrb29

It might be stamped on an inspection tag on or near your rear diff. I say May because I have seen the tag on some rigs and not on others.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1382283207.993437.jpg

David1tontj

Actually... It looks like I might be wrong... Starting In 2012 the automatic transmissions came with 373s but the manuals still had 410s

LittleD-Tj

Every factory diff will have gear tag unless removed by someone else. Contact jeep and get a build sheet. Will tell u everything it came with.

Aeraun

Looks like a rubicon since you have the 44s. I think rubicon s only came with 4:10s. I could be wrong, but the sticker is what I would believe anyway

+1 Rubicons come with 4.10s. Site is wrong which doesn't really surprise me

JAGS

Hooked
I have a 2012 rubi. Standard equip is 3.73 with an option for 4.10s starting on the 2012s. I believe if you got the max tow package then you would also get 4.10.

So the site is correct and your sticker is correct. You've got the upgrade 4.10 gears.

- Jason

I was told by dealer that if the window sticker doesn't specify gear ratio in 2012+ rubicons then you have 3.73's but if window sticker said 4.10's then you had 4.10's. My stock ratio on my jkur was 3.73's

mattfl

+1 Rubicons come with 4.10s. Site is wrong which doesn't really surprise me

Not always true. The 10A rubi's weren't coming with 4.10s unless specifically ordered. Ask my friend who custom ordered an auto 10A and the dealer forgot to check the 4.10 box and had to call the factory directly to get them thrown in.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
when i was looking at upgrading to a rubi in the spring i would have had to pay extra (some $300 or so) to upgrade to the 4.10. it came with 3.73. my salesman said that with the more powerful motor jeep basically said there was no need for the 4.10 to be a mandatory. its chryslers way of helping with fuel economy since a majority of the people dont mod there jeeps like we do.

NCRUBI2012

Update on this. Crawled under Jeep and took pics of every tag on the axle. Found this one on top of rear. After matching up with Dana parts numbers confirmed I have 3.73 gears. So the window sticker is incorrect. Not happy because that is what I went by when purchasing. Oh well regear moves forward sooner than expected.

image-2610592228.jpg

HDGasser

If in fact you do have 3.73's and the sticker has a price next to those 4.10's I take my pissed off ass back to the dealer and demand the $300 sum odd bucks back!

Help with the $1000 gear change! :thumb:

NCRUBI2012

If in fact you do have 3.73's and the sticker has a price next to those 4.10's I take my pissed off ass back to the dealer and demand the $300 sum odd bucks back! Help with the $1000 gear change! :thumb:
No price on sticker. Look at my original post. Hard to see but 4.10 listed under standard equipment. Not much I can do but like I said all this time that is what I thought I had. Then I logged on the owners site and it told a different story. After reading other posts I decided 4.10 is what I have.....but the anal in me needed to be 100% sure. Axle part numbers don't lie.

Top Bottom