Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 SEMA Show LIVE Coverage

Quote Originally Posted by StrizzyChris View Post
    It would be tough or nearly impossible to run long enough A-arms in a street production vehicle to allow for much wheel travel. Combined with maintaining a LCOG, I don't know. That's why all the FJs are going solid axle. Only custom buggys really have that kind of room to allow much articulation. BUT I do agree that the right IFS setup is just as badass as a solid with the added benefit of ground clearance.
    Just get out a saw and your good to go. Same thing we do to keep LCG with larger tires now.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedbeat View Post
    For the 2-door guys...

Attachment 55492
    What stubby is that? Love the minimalist look!

Quote Originally Posted by bleedbeat View Post
    IF all that talk about IFS in future Jeeps comes true someday... Dynatrac has you covered

Attachment 55664
    Very interesting. Can't wait to hear more about this.

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    we ALL hope it doesnt come true BUT IF it does i am liking the look of this!
    I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by JKZA View Post
    Can't see those joints lasting under torque when locked...
    Easy fix, just run 934 series CV Joints, or for complete bullet proofing run 30 series CV joints with 300m shafts. If mid-engined Baja Class 1 Truggies with 800hp engines run them, I'm sure a jeep will be ok with this

I would not expect many people to know this, but this is Jim McGean owner of Dynatrac, he is running this exact IRS axle set up in this Chrysler Mfg car with their Drag Package. It's actually a really strong set up.

image-1278727205.jpg
    Last edited by GCM 2; 11-06-2013 at 02:47 AM.
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2 View Post
    Easy fix, just run 934 series CV Joints, or for complete bullet proofing run 30 series CV joints with 300m shafts. If mid-engined Baja Class 1 Truggies with 800hp engines run them, I'm sure a jeep will be ok with this

I would not expect many people to know this, but this is Jim McGean owner of Dynatrac, he is running this exact IRS axle set up in this Chrysler Mfg car with their Drag Package. It's actually a really strong set up.

image-1278727205.jpg
    Not to say his setup is not strong, but that Challenger does not have 14" of wheel travel to deal with.
    2014 JKUR Anvil
    KK6MRA

Quote Originally Posted by Irish JK View Post
    Not to say his setup is not strong, but that Challenger does not have 14" of wheel travel to deal with.
    You need to start studying up on off road racing, because transaxles and center diff sections in multiple classes of baja racing and Ultra 4 Unlimited class racing (King of the Hammers) not only have vehicles that run 300-800(+) horsepower, but they also have as much as 28" of wheel travel and have a track width that is the same or not that much wider than my full width solid 1 ton axle JK.

Dynatrac IFS will work in any of these race cars that have two to three times the suspension travel of your Jeep

image-3463487503.jpg

image-144440641.jpg

image-2826270470.jpg

image-3729906452.jpg
    Last edited by GCM 2; 11-06-2013 at 11:56 AM.
    2009 Black Rubicon Unlimited
    EVO Long Arm w/Envy Links
    EVO Front Double Throw Down
    EVO Lever Rear w/Double Throw Down
    Dynatrac Pro Rock 60's f/r
    PSC hydraulic ram assist
    Mastercraft Baja RS seats
    J.E. Reel 1350 drive shafts
    ATX Slab wheels
    40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2 View Post

image-1278727205.jpg
    I would like to see the price range of the this dynatrac IFS axle if it is all already out for sale. I wonder if it would be cheaper just to do a solid axle swap in the front?

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast