Help please; Pulling driver side

Aeraun

Hey guys, about 2 months ago I came home from a wheeling trip and realized that I busted the stock SS, and my '12 JKU was slightly pulling to the driver side. I replaced the SS with a fox racing one and continued to drive it. The pulling to driver side gradually got worse. I got the alignment done today and switched the two front tires and its still pulling, pretty badly. I checked everything over and to my knowledge nothing else looks out of place. Any ideas on what it could be and what should do? I have 33" Trail Grapplers on 2" daystar pucks.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
it could be the SS. i think i have heard about issues with this before. the stock one is plenty strong till you hit 37's then an aftermarket one will help a lot with the extra weight. i may be wrong on this tho.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, about 2 months ago I came home from a wheeling trip and realized that I busted the stock SS, and my '12 JKU was slightly pulling to the driver side. I replaced the SS with a fox racing one and continued to drive it. The pulling to driver side gradually got worse. I got the alignment done today and switched the two front tires and its still pulling, pretty badly. I checked everything over and to my knowledge nothing else looks out of place. Any ideas on what it could be and what should do? I have 33" Trail Grapplers on 2" daystar pucks.

A small part of what you are feeling is most likely what some refer to as radial pull. Larger mud terrains tend to do this and, depending on the tread design, will cause a drift to one side or the other. Trail Grapplers tend to drift to the driver side. Having said that, a lot of what you are feeling is being caused by your Fox SS. The factory SS is just a hydraulic shock and is passive and your new SS is pressurized and WILL cause your Jeep to pull in this manner.

Aeraun

A small part of what you are feeling is most likely what some refer to as radial pull. Larger mud terrains tend to do this and, depending on the tread design, will cause a drift to one side or the other. Trail Grapplers tend to drift to the driver side. Having said that, a lot of what you are feeling is being caused by your Fox SS. The factory SS is just a hydraulic shock and is passive and your new SS is pressurized and WILL cause your Jeep to pull in this manner.

Anything I could do to at least mitigate this? Or should I just buy a different SS?

David1tontj

Or...... Haha. You could get another fox one and run them opposing each other!!! Haha. Like the big lifted pickup trucks with all the chrome! But really... Should probably just get a stock one. Maybe you can find one in c.l. From someone who "upgraded"

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Aeraun

Or...... Haha. You could get another fox one and run them opposing each other!!! Haha. Like the big lifted pickup trucks with all the chrome! But really... Should probably just get a stock one. Maybe you can find one in c.l. From someone who "upgraded"

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Lol I'm sure that would yield more problems than solved. I guess I went a little overkill. All well

Shit I busted mine a year ago and my jeep started to pull to the passenger side right after my rotation I though I needed an alignment but they checked and the guy at just tires told me that its probably the thread that isn't even and it will go away in a couple hundred miles so far its has gotten better I have checked my tire pressure as well as my thread make sure it wears down even

Top Bottom