Any Mountain Bikers?

Tigrcky

Hey everyone :standing wave: just wondering how many of the jeep lovers here are also mountain bikers? Some of use like to give the jeep a break and mountain bike the trails as well so how about anyone who is a MT Biker post up as many pics of them as they want and tell us what kinda bike you have with what mods!!! I'll start!!
me.jpg
me moab 2011.jpg

2 pics of me in moab on my 2009 Giant Boulder Se with 100 Dart front fork upgrade, carbon fiber hydraulic disc Hayes 9 brake set up with 160 mm routers, and a 9 speed rear cassette , I later transferred all my components to a 2008 K2 Base 3.0 full suspension (100 mm travel front and rear) and then got sunringle charger wheels with a wtb dissent 2.3 for a front and a specialized eskar2 2.3 rear and clipless pedals.

Beyrgut

That would be my other money pit :wings:. It makes it tough on nice weekends in choosing which to do.

My old school bike
2004-giant-VT2.jpg

Current ride minus a few upgrades, way overkill for FL but just right for road trips to the mountains.
2012-sb66.jpg

E-man

Here's my latest ride, an Niner Jet9 RDO with full XTR. Yep, like Jeeps, bikes can easily become an obsession.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383103343.921225.jpg

I just wish I was able to ride more. Been off the bike for about a year now with a problematic right knee as well as just regular family and work crap getting in the way.

Beyrgut

Did a trip this past summer to Tahoe, Grand Canyon, and Moab with the yeti. Awesome trip and sealed the deal for taking the Jeep next time, trip was planned before I got the JK which was almost ready when we hit the road. Fruita trails were probably the most fun in the Moab area, we cheated and did shuttle runs, biking there in August is a bit brutal.

Tigrcky

Here's my latest ride, an Niner Jet9 RDO with full XTR. Yep, like Jeeps, bikes can easily become an obsession.

View attachment 54890

I just wish I was able to ride more. Been off the bike for about a year now with a problematic right knee as well as just regular family and work crap getting in the way.

beautiful bike!!! hope your knee gets better and hell yes they are an obsession!

Tigrcky

Did a trip this past summer to Tahoe, Grand Canyon, and Moab with the yeti. Awesome trip and sealed the deal for taking the Jeep next time, trip was planned before I got the JK which was almost ready when we hit the road. Fruita trails were probably the most fun in the Moab area, we cheated and did shuttle runs, biking there in August is a bit brutal.

2011 about 2 weeks before EJS i hit up moab did a bunch of trails then when over to 18 road in fruita and road hard for a full day that was a long 3 day weekend, i loved it and im actually only 2 hours from fruita and 4 from moab so i can get some wonderful rides in! :yup:

E-man

beautiful bike!!! hope your knee gets better and hell yes they are an obsession!

Thank you very much. MTB has been one of my obsessions for close to 15 years now. I'm extremely fortunate to have worked in and around the cycling industry for a long, long time which is one of the only reasons i can afford top-shelf gear.

I think I'm going to start back riding again soon with a couple of mellow rides and see how the knee feels. If it gives me too much pain, looks like I'll need to find me a good ortho for an MRI.

Tigrcky

Thank you very much. MTB has been one of my obsessions for close to 15 years now. I'm extremely fortunate to have worked in and around the cycling industry for a long, long time which is one of the only reasons i can afford top-shelf gear.

I think I'm going to start back riding again soon with a couple of mellow rides and see how the knee feels. If it gives me too much pain, looks like I'll need to find me a good ortho for an MRI.

yeah thats a good idea to get it checked out! and top shelf gear!! wow ok if you get any extra stuff feel free to send it my way, been obsessed for 10 years over all Biking and only 4 years on jeeps (obsessed but first vehicle i drove was a 46 willys cj-2a :D )

texasdave

I had a GT Force 3.0 but never felt comfortable on it. (craigslist) Just never got around to getting another one. Maybe once I move........

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Hey everyone :standing wave: just wondering how many of the jeep lovers here are also mountain bikers? Some of use like to give the jeep a break and mountain bike the trails as well so how about anyone who is a MT Biker post up as many pics of them as they want and tell us what kinda bike you have with what mods!!! I'll start!!
View attachment 54875
View attachment 54878

2 pics of me in moab on my 2009 Giant Boulder Se with 100 Dart front fork upgrade, carbon fiber hydraulic disc Hayes 9 brake set up with 160 mm routers, and a 9 speed rear cassette , I later transferred all my components to a 2008 K2 Base 3.0 full suspension (100 mm travel front and rear) and then got sunringle charger wheels with a wtb dissent 2.3 for a front and a specialized eskar2 2.3 rear and clipless pedals.

You look more like you are modeling than biking!:cheesy:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Here is my santacruz I picked up early this year, and only got to ride maybe 1 or 2 times. Not many good trails where I live, well most became overgrown this year and my friend sold his bike.

image-3008501788.jpg

image-2106400999.jpg

Also my older specialized rock hopper which I only rode for one season and wanted full suspension, no one wants to buy this one

image-682323402.jpg

image-2376412707.jpg

Attachments

• image-986976280.jpg
    image-986976280.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 444

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I've been mountain biking for about a year and a half now and it is an addiction. I started out riding a Schwinn full suspension Costco garbage bike. Took it to Oregon and rode the Mackenzie river trail with my brother and I was hooked! Came home and bought a specialized hardrock and rode it for about a year and then moved up to my new bike. It's a Scott Genius 940 29er with a Fox fork and shimano xt components. World of difference. Now I'm riding a couple days a week on the local trails and starting to step up the difficulty of terrain that I ride. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383144854.655868.jpg

Top Bottom