Hi from NJ/PA area!

JKFlyer

Hey everyone....been following this forum and Project JK for quite some time. Had a TJ and did plenty of mods. Love the Jeep lifestyle so much that I recently sold my TJ and got a stock JK. Fast forward 3 months later and the addiction is in full swing. Here are a bunch of pics. My favorite mods are the front/rear rock lights (cheapest of everything, right!), all the Rigid lights (but especially the ones facing rear), lug night lights and trail dash. Just put on a PS hood louvre not in pics. The Hyline side steps are awesome! I have been to a few events lately...Quadratec tent sale, the Jeff Daniels show in Philly. Going to Jeeps in the Vineyard in a few weeks. Put a lot in to the exterior, but i am running 3.73 gears on 35 General Grabber AT tires. while i am chipped, have a new adjustable track bar and steering stabilizer, I am Kind of afraid to really go off roading with my gears and the Dana 30 upfront. I guess really a little hesitant to mess up my baby that I have put my blood and sweat in to over the past few months (did almost every single thing myself except the lift). Anyway, love the lifestyle and saying hi. Everyone on this forum seems so genuine and cool and looking to help others out. Feel free to say hi and reach out!

Mike

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 58
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 4a.jpg
    4a.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 58

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Welcome to Wayalife! Don't be hesitant about wheeling it! Add some C gussets to the 30 and you will be good. I'm running 35's on my 30 with only gussets and it's great!

Sent from my iPhone

Welcome to the WAYALIFE, now get some mud on those tires and custom pinstriping. I had my JK all of about 2 weeks and took it on the trail and got some custom pinstriping. SWMBO was not too thrilled but hey it is a Jeep.

JKFlyer

Welcome to the WAYALIFE, now get some mud on those tires and custom pinstriping. I had my JK all of about 2 weeks and took it on the trail and got some custom pinstriping. SWMBO was not too thrilled but hey it is a Jeep.

Can you show me some pics of your pinstriping? would like to see them

JKFlyer

Welcome to Wayalife! Don't be hesitant about wheeling it! Add some C gussets to the 30 and you will be good. I'm running 35's on my 30 with only gussets and it's great!

Sent from my iPhone

I looked in to that and might do it. seems pretty labor intensive. Think chromoly shafts are really necessary in addition to C gussets? What about regearing?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I looked in to that and might do it. seems pretty labor intensive. Think chromoly shafts are really necessary in addition to C gussets? What about regearing?

I still have the stock 3.73 gears in the old 3.8 and it's isn't bad. I am going to regear tho most likely in the spring. Thinking 5.13 just in case I go to 37's. I wouldn't recommend locking it though if you go that high just cause the ring and pinion will be smaller then is needed. As far as the shafts go it prob isn't necessary but it would be nice

Sent from my iPhone

FuriousDz

Hey, i noticed you have a JKU sport with 37's. So you must have the dana 30 upfront? any issues? i hear with 37's, it can get iffy..

I've only been running them for less than a year and I unfortunately don't get to wheel it as much as I would like. I just replaced the ball joints in the tie rod and drag link and I know other components are on their way out.

What I can tell you is if you don't wheel it that much you can get away with it for a little while but you have to expect things to wear quicker and break sooner. There are things you can do to beef up the 30 like gussets and such but I personally don't think it's worth it to sink money into it. For me I'm just going to run it until it breaks then I'm going with the prorock 44. That's also when I'll regear as I'm still running the stock 3.73's. Hope that helps.

Mike

JKFlyer

I still have the stock 3.73 gears in the old 3.8 and it's isn't bad. I am going to regear tho most likely in the spring. Thinking 5.13 just in case I go to 37's. I wouldn't recommend locking it though if you go that high just cause the ring and pinion will be smaller then is needed. As far as the shafts go it prob isn't necessary but it would be nice

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Cozdude. Makes sense

JKFlyer

I've only been running them for less than a year and I unfortunately don't get to wheel it as much as I would like. I just replaced the ball joints in the tie rod and drag link and I know other components are on their way out.

What I can tell you is if you don't wheel it that much you can get away with it for a little while but you have to expect things to wear quicker and break sooner. There are things you can do to beef up the 30 like gussets and such but I personally don't think it's worth it to sink money into it. For me I'm just going to run it until it breaks then I'm going with the prorock 44. That's also when I'll regear as I'm still running the stock 3.73's. Hope that helps.

Mike

Furious...thanks. that was actually really helpful. Have to find someone with a Rubicon who will sell their front (d44) and rears (so I can get air lockers and at least 4.10's). A rare find I know!

FuriousDz

Furious...thanks. that was actually really helpful. Have to find someone with a Rubicon who will sell their front (d44) and rears (so I can get air lockers and at least 4.10's). A rare find I know!

No problem. That is a rare find unless you can find someone upgrading to 60's. :)

Top Bottom