Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Show your Knives!

I've had a number and variety of EDC knives over the years, but for the last 10yrs+, this one seems to be my go-to. I've owned it for nearly a quarter century, and it takes a reasonably nice edge. The screwdriver and scissors are also handy, as is (obviously) the bottle opener: plus, for whatever reason, I've noticed if you tell people you're carrying a SAK, you don't see as many get their panties in a bunch versus carrying another blade... go figure!20190716_092152.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Show your Knives!

Ok. Me, being a lurker, saw some joking about it being Halloween and threads being brought back from the dead. So I’ll bump this one. I have dozens of knives. Here are my Strider knives. Made by Mick Strider. He advises using his knives as tools. Cut, pry, beat it up... stands by his product. The one on the right has some hard miles. Use it all the time since 2001. The one on the left did not fit my thigh rig, so I haven’t used it much (my wife thinks it’s hers). The pouch was designed for the M9, so rather than carrying that POS, I kept multi tools in the pouch. Not the sharpest knife in the shed, but it has proven itself to me. IMG_0607.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by Murphyfish; 11-01-2019 at 04:08 AM.

Show your Knives!

And then I have my family heirloom. My grandfather was issued this when he went to WWII in the Pacific. He passed it to my uncle who fought in Vietnam. My uncle gave it to me where it was carried thru Afghanistan and Iraq (with a few of the other world’s armpit’s as well). IMG_0681.jpg
    Grandpa’s Ka-Bar. And yes, that is a WWII era .50 cal ammo box.

Last edited by Murphyfish; 11-01-2019 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphyfish View Post
    And then I have my family heirloom. My grandfather was issued this when he went to WWII in the Pacific. He passed it to my uncle who fought in Vietnam. My uncle gave it to me where it was carried thru Afghanistan and Iraq (with a few of the other world’s armpit’s as well). IMG_0681.jpg
    Grandpa’s Ka-Bar. And yes, that is a WWII era .50 cal ammo box.

That’s awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Nothing but a Thing Strodinator's Avatar
    I'm going through my great granddad tools some more and uncoveres this. Perfect handle and the metal is in great shape but I cant find the name for this knife and therefore I can't find the sharpening procedure. I need to reset the edge but don't know what angle to hit it at. 1572738403027.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app
    If you want to see a broke college kid struggle through an LS swap, then here's your chance: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...546#post956546

Quote Originally Posted by Strodinator View Post
    I'm going through my great granddad tools some more and uncoveres this. Perfect handle and the metal is in great shape but I cant find the name for this knife and therefore I can't find the sharpening procedure. I need to reset the edge but don't know what angle to hit it at. 1572738403027.jpg

Looks like an old carpet knife. Might be able to use a ceramic rod to sharpen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Strodinator View Post

Google how to sharpen a hawk bill knife. Lots of YouTube stuff

I picked up this little novelty knife for $13

IMG_4241.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819