Using off road light for evil

seanb123

So last night I was on the highway and came up to some construction. This slowed the traffic down and brought it all to one lane. I ended up behind a FJ no big deal. So we drove for about 3 miles then the construction ended and went back to two lanes and I passed the FJ. Next thing I know the FJ is behind me and turns on the high beams. Right in my mirror. Having a clear hard top makes this pretty terrible. So I slow down hoping they pass not knowing why they high beamed me. They slowed down as well so I decided okay we can play like that then. I pretended like I was going to pull to the shoulder and they passed. I immediately got back on and caught up and turned on my high beams and kc lites. This went on for about two miles and they seamed like they got the point and I went on my way. I know this was very childish but hey they started it.

So I question have you used your lights for anything like this

Tackerdown

Banned
So last night I was on the highway and came up to some construction. This slowed the traffic down and brought it all to one lane. I ended up behind a FJ no big deal. So we drove for about 3 miles then the construction ended and went back to two lanes and I passed the FJ. Next thing I know the FJ is behind me and turns on the high beams. Right in my mirror. Having a clear hard top makes this pretty terrible. So I slow down hoping they pass not knowing why they high beamed me. They slowed down as well so I decided okay we can play like that then. I pretended like I was going to pull to the shoulder and they passed. I immediately got back on and caught up and turned on my high beams and kc lites. This went on for about two miles and they seamed like they got the point and I went on my way. I know this was very childish but hey they started it.

So I question have you used your lights for anything like this

Very childish so disappointed in you. Hahaha bull shit id do it to ,ass holes.

Tom

Ldogg

I have used mine to break up the kid next doors parties. He uses a window well next to my garage to funnel his friends into their house, and they also hang out there and bs. I don't mind too much as they are not rowdy, but sometimes I find trash in my property. Well a few times I have worked late, and come home and flicked on my 10" rigid bar and D2's and pulled into my driveway. I end up throwing light right into that window well and i have watched them scatter thinking I was a cop with a flood light. :)

Aeraun

I haven't done this, yet, but I most definitely would. I think it is one of those implied uses of the offroad lights. Only thing is I would make sure that I'm not blinding anyone coming in the opposite direction. Being in the city it is difficult to do that but we also have probably some of the worst drivers

The Force will be with you.... always

Tackerdown

Banned
I have used mine to break up the kid next doors parties. He uses a window well next to my garage to funnel his friends into their house, and they also hang out there and bs. I don't mind too much as they are not rowdy, but sometimes I find trash in my property. Well a few times I have worked late, and come home and flicked on my 10" rigid bar and D2's and pulled into my driveway. I end up throwing light right into that window well and i have watched them scatter thinking I was a cop with a flood light. :)

Thats funny

Tom

David1tontj

I often use my auxilary reverse light to tell people that their brights are on.... It's quite blinding, but I just flick it on, then off real quick... I haven't had it fail to get the message across yet.

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

billybob990

I always get bright lighted by the little tuners rolling around town so I just flip on my hilites and watch them struggle lol its not hard to tell when someone has their dims on, 95% of factory fog lights stay on with the dims And go off with the highs...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

NAUJK

Oh yes I have done something like this... Driving back to flagstaff from Prescott on 89 there isnt anything out there no lights nothing at all. Some doucher decided to not turn off his high beams while coming at me. I turned on all 4 of my KCs he got the point and turned of his lights. Its not smart to not turn off your high beams when youre coming up on a Jeep with offroad lights you will lose.... :yup:

JLearie

It happens to me a fair bit on the highway. Oncoming cars and semis won't dim their brights, so naturally my KCs come on. They get the message quick. If someone in front of me is driving well under the speed limit or cut me off they get a good blast of light too.

Panda

Living in the Bay Area we have lots of idiots doin stupid crap on the road but one time a guy in a Porsche cut across two lanes just missing a elderly lady & her reaction sent her into a spin he then just missed my front bumper gettin into my lane slamming his brake on cause traffic was stopping, my reaction was just to hit the switch for the pia 720 driving lights he was in a convertible he may be still glowing.. Be carful who you cut off

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I don't ever wish to do this but will if I must. For whatever reason the oil field workers out here in west Texas flash their lights at me when I only have my low beams on so I flash my highs meaning 'hey, I'm not being a douchebag...so stop blinding me' and they don't get it so they throw their high beams on and blind me. At the time I didn't have extra lights. Now I have wannabe Duallys to shine. They aren't directed to other lanes but they should get the point. I want a 50"er up top and 4 more "cubes" elsewhere along with something on the rear. I want to be a mobile sun lol

MTG

Caught the Bug
Yep. I've lit a few people up front AND rear with the rigids. As above, they usually stop being an asshole real quick. :cheesy:

StrizzyChris

Living in the Bay Area we have lots of idiots doin stupid crap on the road but one time a guy in a Porsche cut across two lanes just missing a elderly lady & her reaction sent her into a spin he then just missed my front bumper gettin into my lane slamming his brake on cause traffic was stopping, my reaction was just to hit the switch for the pia 720 driving lights he was in a convertible he may be still glowing.. Be carful who you cut off

I hate bay drivers more than LA or OC drivers. There's nothing worse than a jackass in a Prius concerned about the environment but not about a single person around them. There's truly nowhere to go and they'll cut 50 people off over a 3 mile span and still only be about 10 cars ahead of me. Or run up an exit only lane to beat 15 cars and cut everyone off. I love sticking my stinger over their rear bumper after they do it.

Panda

I hate bay drivers more than LA or OC drivers. There's nothing worse than a jackass in a Prius concerned about the environment but not about a single person around them. There's truly nowhere to go and they'll cut 50 people off over a 3 mile span and still only be about 10 cars ahead of me. Or run up an exit only lane to beat 15 cars and cut everyone off. I love sticking my stinger over their rear bumper after they do it.

Yea I've seen those same Prius drivers my dream is to test my flex on one! The jeep wud go right over it :D

Haha I haven't done this yet! But I will thanks for the ideas! Haha I did use then at the car accident the other in a dark road had them if until the paramedics came and they thanked me:) nice having a jeep lol

DKronk42

I used to have a roof mounted spotlight that was remote operated for spotting deer on my ZJ. There are a few drivers in north east pa especially in the Wilkes barre area with million and a half candle power spot burned into their vision

brizon85

haha is it sad that as soon as I put my kc lights on I thought, " now I can burn people's eyes that anger me on the road" my girlfriend was not impressed... :(

Top Bottom