After 4 month it is done....

rodgerdathug

Finally got of my lazy 4 point of contact and finished my bumper project. Really wasn't hard and now I have a one off bumper.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383421882.798520.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383421934.281434.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383421943.548037.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383421952.299683.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383421961.232253.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1383421971.866265.jpg

Oh yea first major project too

Living it one day at a time
FTA
WAYALIFE mobile app

David1tontj

rodgerdathug

Looks nice! Where does the winch go?? Haha. Good job

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Well damn did not know anyone replied to this what I'm thinking is the winch might be able to fit between the frame rails and rope come out of the center hole. Maybe using synthetic.

David1tontj

Well damn did not know anyone replied to this what I'm thinking is the winch might be able to fit between the frame rails and rope come out of the center hole. Maybe using synthetic.

You might need the hole to be wider. Unless you have a fairlead that is super narrow- but even still, the drum on the winch will probably not spool correctly without a proper cutout.

Mostly I was just giving you a hard time... I can't actually remember! Haha

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

rodgerdathug

I figured you were busting balls lol what I was think is welding in some round stock to create a smooth area for it. It was just any idea I had is there a certain size the hole need to be for winch cable (synthetic) nothin I'm doing right away have to pay off the jeep before I get to play with it lol

Thunderous

Im not sure if there is a universal size for fairleads but if you plan doing your own cut out and smoothing it, make sure it is the length of the drum to ensure you can help guide the line left and right when you are spooling it up. Aluminum Hawse fairleads work best with synthetic line since it will be a smooth surface for the line to travel against. And i dont think hawse fairleads are to expensive. IMO, I would spend the money on a hawse fairlead now instead of possibly replacing a $200+ syntheic line later. Best of luck with your decision and build.:thumb:

HILLZ

you won't want to do to much back and forth when re-spooling the winch line, synth line should be put back messy, if its all neat and tidy on the drum next time it is under tension the line will tighten on the drum and the friction will damage the rope. just something to think about. also if you look at a comp style winch i'm pretty sure they run a deep narrow drum so you might be able to get away with your initial thought of putting something around the hole to act like a fairlead, just make sure its strong because there will be alot of force applied to it when the winch is in use. hope this helps you out a bit.
oh and cool looking front bar. :rock:

Top Bottom