Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 SEMA Falken NEW Mud Terrain Tire

Knows a Thing or Two JKU EXTREME's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GCM 2 View Post
    Man, Falken is just really not into doing anything very aggressive are they. Hope the sidewalls are at least stronger than the Wildpeaks AT's are.
    Atleast it has a sidewall, unlike the Falken Wildpeaks

We're biting at the bit to try a set of these out. I have a feeling we are going to see some pretty cool stuff in 2014 involving Falken and this tire.

Hopefully we will have prices and an ETA soon.
    Last edited by Discount Tire; 11-06-2013 at 02:31 PM.
    Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Useful Links:

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by CerOf View Post
    What size are the tires in the photo?

Knowing this info will help put things in to perspective. Typically, larger/wider means bigger lugs and bigger voids.

Good eye on the spare not matching. That's a pretty big marketing oversight. I wonder who caught flak for that gaff?

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.
    Sidewall says 37x12.50x17

Quote Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
    We're biting at the bit to try a set of these out. I have a feeling we are going to see some pretty cool stuff in 2014 involving Falken and this tire.

Hopefully we will have prices and an ETA soon.
    Nice!

I was wishing they'd be more creative with their first MT but I guess I can't hate too much, they'll learn. I'm sure they'll come out with better versions over the next few years.
    LOST YETI
    Bright White '13 Jeep Wrangler Sport "Lee-Roy2.0"
    Lost Yeti Build Thread Here!
    Texans Sound Off Here
    Texas Meet Ups & Wheeling

I talked to one of our friends and Falken and I'm told this is a Prototype still. This model will be used in the 2014 off road race seasons. If all goes well, it should be released to consumers by this time next year.
    Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
    At The Store: discounttire.com
    To Your Door: discounttiredirect.com

Useful Links:

Bummer! I will be purchasing my next set of tires in the next 4 to 6 months. I guess these won't be an option for me this time.
    2009 JKU Rubicon

I talked to one of our friends and Falken and I'm told this is a Prototype still. This model will be used in the 2014 off road race seasons. If all goes well, it should be released to consumers by this time next year.
    Thanks for the intel!
    2013 Billet Silver Unlimited Rubicon (build thread)
    6-Spd, 4.10's, ARB Bull Bar, XRC X20 Winch, sPOD, Rigid Industry Floods, onboard-air, & way more comfortable than a Wrangler has any business being!

Retired but never forgotten
    2005 Wrangler TJ

Smart strategy! I like the looks of this tire and will wait to see how it shakes out. By now I think we all know it's a good idea to thoroughly test before going public, unlike some other things happening in the news lately.
    My other Jeep....Is a Jeep

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by CerOf View Post
    Good eye on the spare not matching. That's a pretty big marketing oversight. I wonder who caught flak for that gaff?

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

Quote Originally Posted by H8MUD View Post
    Not to sure about the look of the tire. Nice rig, but they got the grill wrong.

The rig in the picture is actually the Savvy Offroad/Currie Enterprises race rig for the 2014 King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge and Unlimited Race:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...oh-mod-jk.html

Falken has been a great sponsor for the team, and their A/Ts have proven to be a favorite tough tire for the group. They've been running the A/T for the past season or two now, which is why that's what the spare is. The MTs haven't been proven yet, though they are testing them now:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...l#post22311394

And while they put some JK style body panels on the rig, it's far from being one hence why the grill and the rest looks like it does. You can read their build I linked above for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by geiman View Post
    The rig in the picture is actually the Savvy Offroad/Currie Enterprises race rig for the 2014 King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge and Unlimited Race:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...oh-mod-jk.html

Falken has been a great sponsor for the team, and their A/Ts have proven to be a favorite tough tire for the group. They've been running the A/T for the past season or two now, which is why that's what the spare is. The MTs haven't been proven yet, though they are testing them now:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/gener...l#post22311394

And while they put some JK style body panels on the rig, it's far from being one hence why the grill and the rest looks like it does. You can read their build I linked above for more info.
    Welcome to WAYALIFE! It's nice to see you're a big fan of SAVVY, Currie and Falken as they are all great companies. In case you missed it, this isn't Pirate4x4 and if you want to talk about the things you are passionate about, I'd be grateful if you could show a little courtesy and keep the conversations here. Thanks.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast