2013 SEMA Falken NEW Mud Terrain Tire

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here at long last, I present to you the all new Falken Mud Terrain tire on display at the 2013 SEMA Show. Check it out...

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

GCM 2

Man, Falken is just really not into doing anything very aggressive are they. Hope the sidewalls are at least stronger than the Wildpeaks AT's are.

LeJerk

What pictures are you guys looking at? This tire looks nothing like an AT tire, and it looks plenty aggressive. I'd run it on my Jeep.

TrailBear

Definitely looks like a toyo nitto cross, at least they are copying good tires, looks like they should have brought the lugs on the side walls down a little more, might be easy to slice a wall.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It doesn't look that tough. I'd take a set to try if they were free but I doubt they will hold up as well as a set of nittos or Toyo's.

FrankenJeeper

X2 on sizes and costs. My Rocky Mountain ats have been a great tire for me so far, I'd definitely give these a go if the price is right!

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
I'm certainly no expert but it does seem like the way that all four rows of blocks line up in the diagonal that there could be some weird lateral stability issues. Then again maybe I've had too much liquid gold tonight.

OJK12

They are not much to look at?! I like tires that work well and also have good looks. These tires just don't do anything for me. I like the look of their AT's but these leave something to be desired!

CerOf

What size are the tires in the photo?

Knowing this info will help put things in to perspective. Typically, larger/wider means bigger lugs and bigger voids.

Good eye on the spare not matching. That's a pretty big marketing oversight. I wonder who caught flak for that gaff?

Sent from a a few tin cans and some string.

StrizzyChris

Wonder why the spare is different.....:thinking: Must be the up the creek choice...... :shock:

That's the first thing I saw too, that they put a wildpeak in the back :doh: But I am curious about price point and sidewall strength. Not a bad tire manufacturer, but the wildpeaks have no business being on the rocks with those sidewalls.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
This tire interests me. My JK is a daily driver (too many road miles) and was reluctantly considering the Wildpeak A/T the next go 'round. Hhmmm!:thinking:

Top Bottom