2013 SEMA G2 CORE 44 Axles

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
At the 2013 SEMA Show, G2 released their all new CORE 44 axle housings featuring 3" tubes that are 5/16" thick and aluminum differential covers. I am told that the housings are in fact Made in the USA with options to build the internal components with USA made products as well. Check it out...

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

It should be noted that the dip stick fill bolt will not be included on production model diff covers. Apparently, it was discovered that there were some clearance issues with aftermarket track bars and so the design has been modified...
main.php

Here is a shot of their made in the USA front axles but, I will note that not all of the ones on display actually said they were made in the USA - the ones you see here didn't but the one on their rig did...

main.php

Their overseas front shafts did come with full circle clips...
main.php

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Hmmm I feel like these could become a good competitor for Dynatrac/Teraflex/Currie/etc if they're proven tough enough. I'd try them but would be very cautious.

Jeeper Jr.

Are G2 axles a truly inferior product compared to Dana axles?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

noroad

Did they say when they were going to start selling them i did a small search and didnt find anything. Would like to know a price of a front compared to the other guys.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are G2 axles a truly inferior product compared to Dana axles?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Compared to factory Dana axle housings, these will be "superior" to them - just not Dynatrac.

Did they say when they were going to start selling them i did a small search and didnt find anything. Would like to know a price of a front compared to the other guys.

Should be available by next year and their price point is very competitive.

Love seeing the competition heating up, especially with made in the USA products.:thumb:

I am told that the housings will be made in the USA and that is a great thing and the internal components "can" be made with USA parts. I should also note that the front axle shafts that I saw on their display rig did in fact have shafts made by Foote which are here in the USA but, the display shafts, the ones that were supposed to be made in the USA had no indication of this - they were just gold in color. Of course, G2 is made by Currie and I'm always left to wonder why their same axle typically costs $900 more. Please note, I'm just laying out the facts and this is not an inditement on these axles.

The other question is will OEM e-locker or ARB air locker work with them?

Yes. You can install your OEM e-locker in it and it will also be available for use with an ARB locker.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
This is very good news to my ears. I'm interested. I'll be waiting patiently for prices to be announced. I'd love to have a new Core44 front w/ new G2 gears.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is very good news to my ears. I'm interested. I'll be waiting patiently for prices to be announced. I'd love to have a new Core44 front w/ new G2 gears.

The housing alone will be just shy of $2000. Depending on if you get a locker and what kind of shafts you install, the price will go up from there. While the tubes are now 3" in diameter, they are still only 5/16" thick. This, compared to a ProRock 44 Unlimited which uses 1/2" thick tubes and comes with a high clearance profiled housing among other things. Still, it'll be better than stock - just not as good as a ProRock.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
The housing alone will be just shy of $2000. Depending on if you get a locker and what kind of shafts you install, the price will go up from there. While the tubes are now 3" in diameter, they are still only 5/16" thick. This, compared to a ProRock 44 Unlimited which uses 1/2" thick tubes and comes with a high clearance profiled housing among other things. Still, it'll be better than stock - just not as good as a ProRock.

Definitely better than stock but you bring up good points. I'll have some decisions to make when that time comes. Thanks.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Damn thats pricey but I agree they look great. I'll stick to beefing up my D30 until it breaks haha

sunnysideup

Got one....

Well I will try one out... have it in the garage right now.

I have a dana 30 that I have beefed up to get me this far, but I have always been very careful with it and it has held up well. I have 5:13's in my dana 30, a zytanium cross pin, RCV shafts, syenergy ball joints, homemade axle housing truss, ARB cover and syenergy gussets on the c's. It has 125,000 miles on it and the build up on it was little at a time over 4 years span.... did all the work on it myself... so there was no labor costs.

I am replacing it with a core 44/ 5;13 gears, 35 spline gold shafts (say foote on them) ujoints are spicers with full clips, ECTED electric locker/ and all the regular stuff the housings come with. Total cost with the locker, the shafts, the housing, the ball joints, forged C's ... etc... with shipping was 4024 dollars. C to C.

If I sell or part out the dana 30... I will maybe get around 1500 for it.

Cost of the core 44 ...over what I have now (2500).

I will have something much stronger than the 30...

Is it a pro-rock? .... nope /could I get a prorock filled with all of these guts for 4025 bucks? nope...

All I can say on the look of the build so far is that it is amazinging well put together. Everything is well thought out, welds are perfect.... all mounting points are about double the thickness of stock mounting points. C's are massive compard to stock, the skid plate bottom of the houseing (built) in is pretty awesome too. Powdercoated, 327 lbs... it is a lot of metal.

I will be taking pics as I put it under the jeep this weekend. I'll post them on here for you to see. So far it fits my budget, I can do the work myself... and it should take a beating smashing snow drifts, or on the Rubicon next year! :rock:

Top Bottom