Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 SEMA G2 CORE 44 Axles

This is very good news to my ears. I'm interested. I'll be waiting patiently for prices to be announced. I'd love to have a new Core44 front w/ new G2 gears.
    LOST YETI
    Bright White '13 Jeep Wrangler Sport "Lee-Roy2.0"
    Lost Yeti Build Thread Here!
    Texans Sound Off Here
    Texas Meet Ups & Wheeling

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny-g View Post
    This is very good news to my ears. I'm interested. I'll be waiting patiently for prices to be announced. I'd love to have a new Core44 front w/ new G2 gears.
    The housing alone will be just shy of $2000. Depending on if you get a locker and what kind of shafts you install, the price will go up from there. While the tubes are now 3" in diameter, they are still only 5/16" thick. This, compared to a ProRock 44 Unlimited which uses 1/2" thick tubes and comes with a high clearance profiled housing among other things. Still, it'll be better than stock - just not as good as a ProRock.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    The housing alone will be just shy of $2000. Depending on if you get a locker and what kind of shafts you install, the price will go up from there. While the tubes are now 3" in diameter, they are still only 5/16" thick. This, compared to a ProRock 44 Unlimited which uses 1/2" thick tubes and comes with a high clearance profiled housing among other things. Still, it'll be better than stock - just not as good as a ProRock.
    Definitely better than stock but you bring up good points. I'll have some decisions to make when that time comes. Thanks.
    LOST YETI
    Texans Sound Off Here

Anyone hear any thing more about this or price??

Been Around the Block Indefatigable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noroad View Post
    Anyone hear any thing more about this or price??
    They are in the 4WP mag, but for price it just says "CALL".
    05 LJ - Hi-Lo-2nd Lo- Stupid Lo
    Herd of Turtles 4WD Society

Quote Originally Posted by Indefatigable View Post
    They are in the 4WP mag, but for price it just says "CALL".
    Which means you won't like it but they want to sell you on it anyway

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

G2 finally got there head out of there butt and finished the Core 44! what do you guys think and will Northridge 4x4 be selling them!

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Drivetrai...f2C4JMFS488AP5

Quote Originally Posted by noroad View Post
    G2 finally got there head out of there butt and finished the Core 44! what do you guys think and will Northridge 4x4 be selling them!

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Drivetrai...f2C4JMFS488AP5
    i think for that price the PR44 is still a better option but it looks nice
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Damn thats pricey but I agree they look great. I'll stick to beefing up my D30 until it breaks haha
    LOST YETI
    Texans Sound Off Here

Got one....

Well I will try one out... have it in the garage right now.

I have a dana 30 that I have beefed up to get me this far, but I have always been very careful with it and it has held up well. I have 5:13's in my dana 30, a zytanium cross pin, RCV shafts, syenergy ball joints, homemade axle housing truss, ARB cover and syenergy gussets on the c's. It has 125,000 miles on it and the build up on it was little at a time over 4 years span.... did all the work on it myself... so there was no labor costs.

I am replacing it with a core 44/ 5;13 gears, 35 spline gold shafts (say foote on them) ujoints are spicers with full clips, ECTED electric locker/ and all the regular stuff the housings come with. Total cost with the locker, the shafts, the housing, the ball joints, forged C's ... etc... with shipping was 4024 dollars. C to C.

If I sell or part out the dana 30... I will maybe get around 1500 for it.

Cost of the core 44 ...over what I have now (2500).

I will have something much stronger than the 30...

Is it a pro-rock? .... nope /could I get a prorock filled with all of these guts for 4025 bucks? nope...

All I can say on the look of the build so far is that it is amazinging well put together. Everything is well thought out, welds are perfect.... all mounting points are about double the thickness of stock mounting points. C's are massive compard to stock, the skid plate bottom of the houseing (built) in is pretty awesome too. Powdercoated, 327 lbs... it is a lot of metal.

I will be taking pics as I put it under the jeep this weekend. I'll post them on here for you to see. So far it fits my budget, I can do the work myself... and it should take a beating smashing snow drifts, or on the Rubicon next year!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast