Diesel Tj

wilkinsglock5

Has anybody successfully done a Diesel swap into their Tj? Preferably a Cummins 4BT. I have come across a possible deal and was looking for a build thread.

Jiffy05

Have you checked on Pirate4x4?

I checked and there was nothing on there. I have seen one diesel TJ around me but don't have any info on it.

Last edited:

wilkinsglock5

Have you checked on Pirate4x4?

I checked and there was nothing on there. I have seen one diesel TJ around me but don't have any info on it.

I have not. I have seen a few websites of company's that do the conversion, but was looking for someone who actually did it themselves. I also have a diesel jeep in my town. It's a green Wrangler Yj with Dana 60's front and rear. It's beautiful! I have yet to talk to the guy, but am looking forward to getting to the chance to someday. I would like to head that direction with my Tj.

ltdanlj

There are a bunch running around... it's more a case of whether you have to worry about things like emissions inspection... To get a diesel engine installed that is emissions compliant will be an expensive proposition..

wilkinsglock5

There are a bunch running around... it's more a case of whether you have to worry about things like emissions inspection... To get a diesel engine installed that is emissions compliant will be an expensive proposition..

I live in an area where smog is not needed because it is rural part of Nevada. I do understand that conditions on which it would be needed though. I figured there would be something about it on this wayalife forum.

wilkinsglock5

I was hoping to see more posts on this thread. Well if Anyone has more to chip in please do. Also interested in a LS engine swap.:standing wave:

Top Bottom