5:13s and stock tires

Angry Aussie

My gears are getting installed Wednesday and Thursday and my lift will go on the following Monday or Tuesday. Am I ok to drive around with 5:13 and stock tires for a days till the lift and 37s go on?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
My gears are getting installed Wednesday and Thursday and my lift will go on the following Monday or Tuesday. Am I ok to drive around with 5:13 and stock tires for a days till the lift and 37s go on?

i dont see why not. your rpm's will be thru the roof while driving but it should be fine. just make sure you use a procal to reset your computer from the stock gears to the new 5.13 gears so your shift points will be fixed (if you have an auto that is)

Marauder

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384275552.707057.jpg It isn't gonna be fun. I just had that debate and decided to lift and put the 35's on first.

Last edited:

DJKU09

You can but I just suggest you take it easy. No real offroading or anything like that, Also gives you time to break in them new gears.

David1tontj

Yes you will be fine... Watch your rpm on the freeway, but should be fine.

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Last edited:

Angry Aussie

Thanks for the input guys. I do have programmer I'll make sure to use it and I'll avoid driving it till the 37s are on.

Marauder

for the manual transmission chart, are you supposed to be in 5th gear or 6th gear?

I honestly don't have any idea. I'm just regurgitating a chart I saved off someone else's post a while back. I have an Auto, so haven't put any thought into that.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for the input guys. I do have programmer I'll make sure to use it and I'll avoid driving it till the 37s are on.

considering how its only a few days you will be fine. drive the jeep thru the break in period of the gears (the short distances they tell you to do, then let the axel cool 3-4 times) and by that point you will have your 37's on. by then you will be able to drive nonstop and wheel.

David1tontj

Once the gears are broken in, you could do some sweet burnouts and clock your 0-60 time all with the small tires! It should be way quicker!!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

Angry Aussie

So sorry for slowest worst update ever but the shop that did the gears didn't want to do them till I had the lift on. So I didn't get a chance to do a burn out. I was so bummed. But I'm happy with the lift and the gears in the end.

Top Bottom