Couldn't be happier

Millsy

Millsy here from Etobicoke, Ontario. I joined the JK world in mid-October, bought a Greystone 2007 Unlimited X and LOVING it!

So far my mission is to remove all things shiny from it and it's been fun to read, watch, and learn all about the world of the JK and the people who own them and mod them.

So far I've installed black head and running light bezels, black hood inserts and tail light guards.
The rest of the near future changes are:
DIY grill mesh
Remove the shiny Jeep badge from the front and replace with one in black that I ordered.
Remove the X and Wrangler Unlimited decals from the sides and replace with the Canadian JK decals I ordered from project-JK

My Jeep came with brand new Hankook Dynapro AT-M tires so there's no rush to upgrade those "yet". I do want to change the wheels to black and am still undecided on the DIY bed liner or just buy new ones.

Then it's on to the Stereo upgrades. Long ago I was big into car audio and ran a side business, my plans for my Jeep are simple and stealth but it'll certainly improve. One fun thing I'm going to do with this is in the soundbar. Since I won't use my hardtop (It's for sale for $700) I'm going to install some sweet mids in the hole's where the hand screws for the hard top go. This small simple change with make a huge difference. With the added mids, and upgrades to the remaining 6 stock speakers the "top down" and general sound will be much better. Then it's on to a stealth subwoofer which will be a challenge but I'm sure do-able and totally hidden.

I look forward to continuing to read through the forums and learn as I go.

Last edited:

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Welcome to the Wayalife Millsy.........you've come to the right place sir.........plenty of knowledge to be found here........navigate through.....take a look around and enjoy yourself......

Woody :rock:

sean.m.adams33

Welcome to wayalife! Did you think about plastidip for your jeep emblem and wheels? Would be a lot cheaper and if you don't like it just peel it off.

Millsy

I thought about plasti-dip for the badge but in the end I ordered the one from the dealer for $14. That was a reasonable price in my opinion. If I don't like the black badge I'll just leave it off as I think the shiny letters just don't look right.

As far as the wheels go I'm undecided I will be holding off until spring anyway and then I'll do my best to make an informed decision. I am going to (after research and many photos) add 1.5" spacers to my wheels in the next week. I love the way they fill out the stance with the stock wheels and my Hankook Dynapro AT-M tires will look great!

Millsy

Less than a month into my Jeep ownership and everyday I get more impressed and happy with the decision to buy one of my very own. Took a lazy drive out to meet a fellow jeeper who was selling his factory sidesteps (amazing price) last night. And not only were him and his friend informative and helpful they even installed them for me.

Just amazing. And I know to pay if forward, I don't have the technical experience with Jeep parts and installs but I can offer tons of advice, guidance and helpful labor with any aspect of the stereo. If anyone in Toronto (or the GTA) needs any help feel free to contact me.

Millsy

seanb123

You sure you want to get rid of the hard top I know it damn cold in Toronto and the hard top does help to keep the cold out

Millsy

You sure you want to get rid of the hard top I know it damn cold in Toronto and the hard top does help to keep the cold out
yes I do.

Ex girlfriend had only a soft top and we never had any issues with the cold. Add that my jeep top is brand new and I park underground at home and work and I'm not too worried.

Millsy

IMG_00000044.jpg IMG_00000045.jpg IMG_00000046.jpg

Front end updated with the bezel and grill inserts from Rugged Ridge, DIY Home Depot "gutter guard" grill mesh and the new Jeep logo from the dealership.

I think it looks great!

Top Bottom