Today at work.

Serg5000

The guys at work told me that there has been a bear cub hanging around the shop for about four days now. Of course I said yeah ok. You guys are full of shit. Well, today around my lunch time check out what showed up.

And that's my work partner.

Attachments

• image-4072075049.jpg
    image-4072075049.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 128
  • image-3672793313.jpg
    image-3672793313.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 124
  • image-1184257889.jpg
    image-1184257889.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 126
  • image-2847626537.jpg
    image-2847626537.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 127

StrizzyChris

That is awesome! I wonder if he would fight a dog harnes and go for an adventure! I am guessing your seats wouldnt look the same after either. :rock:

Serg5000

JandSJK said:
my guess is if its been hanging around the shop and no one has seen momma something happened to her. generally momma dont let ones that little stray to far

That's what we are thinking. Momma is nowhere to be seen. The cub is very thin so we are going to give it a couple days and if momma doesn't show up, we will have to feed it. If not it may starve to death. Fish & Game won't do anything until it becomes a problem. So we may just have feed it and find it an adoption place that will take it.

Prime8

Serg5000 said:
That's what we are thinking. Momma is nowhere to be seen. The cub is very thin so we are going to give it a couple days and if momma doesn't show up, we will have to feed it. If not it may starve to death. Fish & Game won't do anything until it becomes a problem. So we may just have feed it and find it an adoption place that will take it.

Or let nature take its course...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Or let nature take its course...

unfortunately, i'd have to agree. it's real sad if this cub has no mother and it will most likely die but, if you feed it, it will come to know that humans have food and will seek food from humans forever. this makes bears dangerous and can ultimately lead to it being shot someday.

Blonda

Is this in LA County?

Los Angeles County
California Wildlife Center - CWC is a non-profit organization dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and release of sick, injured, and orphaned native wildlife. CWC cares for all species of native wildlife including marine mammal rescue. Call 818-591-WILD

Serg5000

Update. We found a none profit in Kern County where this is taking place. They will be up on the mountain tomorrow to pick the little guy up. They also told us not to feed it but to give it water and water only. So we put five gallon bucket in the bushes full of water. It drank as soon as we walked away. We are all glad it will have a chance to live now.

DA RUNT

Update. We found a none profit in Kern County where this is taking place. They will be up on the mountain tomorrow to pick the little guy up. They also told us not to feed it but to give it water and water only. So we put five gallon bucket in the bushes full of water. It drank as soon as we walked away. We are all glad it will have a chance to live now.

That's awesome, glad the lil fella is gonna be alright.

:clap2: Is the non-profit CALM?

That's awesome, glad the lil fella is gonna be alright.

x2!!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
wayoflife said:
unfortunately, i'd have to agree. it's real sad if this cub has no mother and it will most likely die but, if you feed it, it will come to know that humans have food and will seek food from humans forever. this makes bears dangerous and can ultimately lead to it being shot someday.

Yep, a fed bear is a dead bear. I'm glad to hear the OP found someone down there to get the little guy/girl.

JandSJK

very cool that you found a place to help rescue and relocate the cub. although i know its nature i still hate to see the little ones suffer.

Top Bottom