rubicon front bumper lights

desertrunner

so i sold my PSC rock brawler front bumper to my dad. i have a rubi so the stock bumper lights fit right in and were wired to my headlight knob. my dad wants the lights in the bumper but he has an X and doesnt have the same knob as on the rubi is there any way to wire the stock rbui bumper lights to an external switch so he can use them or should he just get aftermarket lights to fit in there?

I would think it is as simple as just wiring lights to a switch. I found this on google by searching basic wiring diagram for fog lights.

Hope this helps some.

Wiring.jpg

R/
Will

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Instead of a separate light and toggle switch you could get a type of a daystar switch that illuminates when on as well. I am also wondering if there might be a plug and play harness there already. Might not hurt to check.

Last edited:

desertrunner

I would think it is as simple as just wiring lights to a switch. I found this on google by searching basic wiring diagram for fog lights.

Hope this helps some.

View attachment 57002

R/
Will

great picture :thumb: and yeah i definetely understand how to wire normal lights to a switch but the bumper light bulbs are exactly like head lights there arent any wires coming from them. wonder if i can find a wiring harness that has that same head light clip at the end :thinking:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
great picture :thumb: and yeah i definetely understand how to wire normal lights to a switch but the bumper light bulbs are exactly like head lights there arent any wires coming from them. wonder if i can find a wiring harness that has that same head light clip at the end :thinking:

The dealer should sell the harness. Or quadratec might have it.

Top Bottom