• Spray Can Bedliner

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Flat Black Spray Paint

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Other (Please Explain)

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

OsiViper

Getting my new front bumper in in a couple of days and it is bare steel.

I'm debating what to coat it with.
Professionally done Line-X bedliner
Bedliner from a spray can
Flat black spray paint

Anyone have any experience with these?

Lil Nasty

I decided to go with LineX after reading a lot of posts and seeing the different options in person. I was just about to call my local shop.

OsiViper

I've heard people have luck with the spray on bedliner as long as they primed the metal first, I am just curious if anyone has firsthand experience with it.

Line-X would be nice but the spray can is much cheaper.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i say the flat black that rustoluim has. it would be easier to clean up and touch up as needed. i use it on my sliders and it works great. :twocents:

Panda

I used a rattle can on mine like cozdude said it's easy to touch up scratches I used satin black I thought flat just looked like it was only primer

Devallee

I use rustoleum spray on bedliner on my sliders because I personally like a little texture and it's still easy to touch up

Holeshot

Banned
If you can get it powdercoated, it would be the best I think, But personnally, we don't have any shop nearby so I went with the bedliner stuff on my front bumper.

I used Gator Guard II, it gives a nice textured surface, and its very solid. If you want it to last, you got to sandblast and put a good primer before you spray it. When I did mine, I only sanded by hand, no primer, and one coat of bedliner. It held no so bad so far with the bad prep, now I got to do my tire carrier too so I will redo my front bumper at the same time. And this time I will do a sandblast, put on a good zinc primer, 2 coats of gator guard plus one or two coats of matte black paint, only because the gator guard will fade over time. After a year, mine was more of a dark grey than black.

:standing wave:

Mikes Offroad

I us VHT RollBar paint, works like a hot damn and turns out like a semigloss black, looks sharp. Canadian it cost around $14 per can but worth it.

Top Bottom