2012 evap canister question

JK-JOHN-E

Need suggestion, is it better to use a relocation kit $50.00 give or take or better to go with a skid plate $115.00 roughly. Which would be ideal. No real rock crawling in Florida.:idontknow:

Moochie

I have over 90,000 miles on my Jeep with quite a bit of difficult trails included. I haven't relocated mine and so far so good. (knock on wood) :)

ScottC

My 2013 Rubicon came with a factory skid for the canister. Granted, it was not awe inspiring, but it was a skid. If you have no real plans for rock crawling, a relocation kit might be a good option for you. WAYALIFE weighed in on this topic a few months ago and has enjoyed similar luck as Moochie without any modifications (if I recall correctly). I don't think there is a wrong answer here.

I wheel with several others at Rausch Creek, PA. It has some rocks that will reach out and bite you if you aren't careful, so I went with the Rock Hard skid plate. It is beefy, but for Florida purposes, might be a little bit of overkill.

Keep us posted on your decision so when others search the forum in the future, they'll know which way you went and why. Best of luck!

JK's JK

Banned
I got the Poison spyder Evap skid. Easy to install but had to mod the Dynamax exhaust provided bracket.

Beyrgut

The 2013's come with a skid cover, might want to check to see what the dealer charges for one. it wouldn't hurt to have one, while we don't have a lot of rocks to crawl, there are some water holes with all kinds of crap lurking under the surface.

Last edited:

JK-JOHN-E

The 2013's come with a skid cover, might want to check to see what the dealer charges for one. it wouldn't hurt to have one, while we don't have a lot of rocks to crawl, there are some water holes with all kinds of crap lurking under the surface.

Very true. Good call:thumb:

Top Bottom