Balljoint install.

jackedup

Can someone tell how long it should take an experienced tech to install a set of upper and lower ball joints?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What Jiffy said. With the right equipment and knowhow, should take more than an hour a side, maybe less.

CrazyLarry

I had a hell of a time getting my stock lowers out on each side they were realy frozen in. Had to soak them in pb blaster and needed to put a 5 ft long steel pipe on my beaker bar. I looked like one of those trolls in lord of the rings turning the wheel to open the gates to mordor :crazyeyes:. Getting the lowers out on both sides took an hour itself so it depends how long you had your stockers in and how frozen they are

Tcdawg

How long it actually takes them and how many hours they actually charge are two different things as well.

Not sure what the book time is on the ball joints but that is what a shop will charge you.

jackedup

I have a 2012 jku with 28k on it so they should be too frozen in. At least I hope not. Just wanted to get an idea before go to a shop so I'll know if they are trying to take advantage of me. Thanks for the replys

Top Bottom