2014 Jeep JK Wrangler Willys Wheeler Edition

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who haven't seen it yet, this is the all new 2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler. What do ya'll think?

The 2014 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler Edition is the Purist's Jeep

ku-xlarge.jpg

After debuting at the 2013 Los Angeles International Auto Show, the latest special edition Wrangler will hit the showrooms early next year at $25,795. The Willys Wheeler is the purist's dream as Chrysler imagines it...

Read the whole article here:
http://jalopnik.com/the-2014-jeep-wrangler-willys-wheeler-edition-is-the-pu-1467354815

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Not too sure on this one. Other than Willys on the hood and the color, it came straight out of the same parts bins as all two doors.:yawn37:

StrizzyChris

Purist? I don't get it or else Fiat doesn't get it. If they want to appeal to a purist, then put a steel dash in there with crank windows and half doors. If they want to appeal to the new Jeep owners that are minimalist but want more, they need to offer Rubi axles and none of the other costly Rubi luxuries. Swing and a miss in my opinion. BUT they put the word willys (disgracefully so IMHO) so they will sell this just fine. LSD and a pair of gloves :naw:

1yellowjk

BEYOND WEAK! Why doesn't Jeep employ someone to do a little customer research and find out what we really want?

Real 44's, locking hubs and stronger lockers.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Damn, I thought I was going to love it when I first saw it. I would have loved to see D44s under this thing front and rear, maybe the Mopar flat flares and some factory stubby bumpers. All in Mopars parts bin already. Oh, and yes, I did really like the seats in the TJ Willys model too.

GCM 2

Very sweet!

That thing is for the hardcore wheeler, I'm putting in an order for 8. Hopefully I will get consecutive VIN numbers.

Ed Lapadura

I think we all agree they missed a little. Now if they did a commando green with white lettering, a star on the hood, factory jerry can ,shovel and axe we be looking at a real seller! :yup::thumb::yup::thumb::rock:

Tim

as far as concept goes, this should have been an awesome Jeep. Unfortunately they let a sticker define the jeep, instead of designing an amazing Jeep to capture a legend. tech meets Willys, could've been something.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I was checking this out on the Jeep website. I agreed earlier that this was a huge miss from what we would want, however, considering its not to far off on price from a regular sport model, I do feel its a good alternative for someone who opts to purchase a sport model. Even though, I would pay more for it the way it sits of it had rubi axles with 4.10s and lockers standard and nothing else!

Top Bottom