Who Got You Into Jeepin?...

BearClaw

Im some what new to the WAL family but have been hooked since i got the app. I thought it would be cool to see how everyone got into jeepin!

The person that got me into jeepin would be my dad. He has had a cj7 since i was young and would take us trail riding and to silver lake sand dunes all the time. He still has the cj but now also has a tj he bought a couple years ago n im trying to talk him into getting a jk ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1384998913.036558.jpg

When I was little, my family would go visit my grandpartens in Desert Hot Springs, CA, just outside of Joshua Tree National Park. My Grandfather had a 1968 Jeepster Commando, and we'd bounce around all over the desert...and I was hooked for life! At 14, my dad and I flew to retrieve the Jeepster, get it running, and drive it back home to WA. It dies in my driveway, and it took me a year of work to get it reliable. I've never owned less than 3 or 4 Jeeps since! That was 27 years ago...

I love my JK's, but I'm most passionate about my Jeepsters!!

1BAMFR

My Dad started it out with the Cherokee Laredos and my brother back when he had big TJ's

Currently there are 4 JK'S in our family!

Woody3

I would have to say my pop. He's been a jeep guy for 50+ years. The first jeeping trip I remember was in his Willys wagon (that thing was a tank). My cousin owns a 4x4 shop in San Bernardino and is a Jeep guy. I've owned a jeep grand wagoner and two TJ's. I guess Jeeping runs in my family. Thank you Dad!!!!

OIIIIIO

I will have to say two people my Uncle Ted who had a 52 Willy's and my wife who owned an 82 CJ-5. She is tha main reason though. It was so much fun driving the CJ but too cramped. She alos bought a 2004 TJ 4 cyl which was gutless. We were looking for a hunting vehicle and she mentioned how much she missed her jeeps. So two months after we started looking we found the 2011 JKUS and I have been hooked hard or she would say "Bitten by the Jeep bug." It is hard because there is so much I want to do my so little funding. Oh well we will just have to wait. Sorry do not have a picture at work.

David1tontj

My dad got the whole family into wheeling at an early age.. These pictures are around 1990. I was 5 years old, and these trips were fairly regular... These were the best times in my childhood!! There was 6 of us packed into the 1974 fj40 we had. And we were always camping!! We ran holcolm creek, and the John Bull on a regular basis on the 32" fun country's!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385007111.206571.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385007128.844160.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385007144.744945.jpg
This last pic is two wayalifers... On the left is my brother (4x4jesus) and I'm on the right. Been rocking a flat bill my whole life!! Four wheeling is in our blood!!!

05 Tj, long arm, one ton, lockers, winches, 39.5" Iroks

JK-JOHN-E

Got in the car business in 1991 selling Jeeps. Loved the Wrangler then and love them more now. currently a desk manager at a Ford store past 15 yrs.:yawn37:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
My pops used to take us off-roading in his 82 Bronco with a 4" lift and 35's. I used to have a blast. When my Honda was stolen in college I bought a ZJ and kept that till I got a TJ. Had the TJ for a while and went Jeepless until a few years ago when I got my first (2-dr) JK. So four Jeeps later, I still have my pops to thank for raising me in this Wayalife....

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Myself?

My parents drove mini vans. I fixed tractors other broken things around the farm and camp taught myself everything. Bought my old truck at 16, built it, built another after that sold them both before moving to Cali. Bought a car and hated it so I bought my f150. Gas went up my commute went up and I had always wanted a jeep after playing with my buddies. Traded my f150 in for the jeep and couldn't be happier. Well maybe with a 4 door.

FrankenJeeper

I have to thank my dad. I grew up hearing him tell stories of jeep riding and him taking my brothers and I camping. My first jeep ('77 CJ5 which I still own) actually came from my oldest brother. Me and dad got it in rough shape, so we spent my high school years restoring it and getting it dependable. Fast forward a few years and a few trucks later, my buddies and I went on a jeep trip to skyline, where dad used to take us camping and riding, my buddies and I saw a group of JK's and I got to see first hand how capable they were compared to my CJ and I had to have one. Started looking ASAP and found my JK a month later.

So I have to thank my dad for getting me in to jeeping and the way of life! Thanks dad!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385011055.378355.jpg
Here is my Dad helping me get the CJ running again this summer

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385011126.450588.jpg
And here's my JK

JKWrang

Myself?

My parents drove mini vans. I fixed tractors other broken things around the farm and camp taught myself everything. Bought my old truck at 16, built it, built another after that sold them both before moving to Cali. Bought a car and hated it so I bought my f150. Gas went up my commute went up and I had always wanted a jeep after playing with my buddies. Traded my f150 in for the jeep and couldn't be happier. Well maybe with a 4 door.

This ^^^^

Parents always had Nissan sedans. One Bronco and one pickup but they were always pavement pounders. Then I bought a Dakota and fell in love with trucks. Then got into a Jeep and now I look for dirt roads and rocks everywhere.

Sent via secret squirrel underground network.

DKronk42

Ide have to say my brother, i remember when he came home with his 84 cj, i thought it was the coolest thing i had ever seen, orange with diamond plate armor. He also had a yj for a while but, i knew once i saw that cj ide have a jeep of my own. I had a zj for years and i miss it dearly, but after getting my jk a month and a half ago, i dont see how i ever lived with out it! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385011725.930395.jpg

Jeep_Dawg08

I would have to say its my girl that really helped push me towards my first jeep last yr.
Have wanted one for many many yrs, just didnt have the funds or ability with having four youngins running around.
Now that they are all grown, it's all about Dad being able to play. Lol
1385050533172.jpg
This is her after our last outing. . Not as dirty as I wanted, but we had to stop early cause of work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
My dad in the early 50's. He was in the Army at Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri and I rode with him in his GPW to a display of military equipment in, I think, nearby Rolla. It's been in my blood ever since. Thanks Dad.:thumb: I'd post up a photo but don't think cameras had been invented yet.;)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I got myself into jeepin BUT my gf actually got me to go and off road for the first time! We have loved it ever since!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385166511.483712.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Buick Guy

My wife got me into Jeeps.

I was into mudding big Chevy trucks then switched to Ford trucks when I learned what a real truck was ;)

My wife always wanted a Jeep so for her birthday one year I picked up a tired 74 CJ5 cleaned it up slapped some 33's on it and gave it to her. That turned into a frame off resto over a winter and we kept it for a couple years had a blast and sold it to get a TJ in 06, had fun with it and in 08 bought the JKU for her, I sold the last truck built a Cherokee sold it got her a 13 JK and I took the 08 because I couldn't imagine not having it and have not looked back.

Tackerdown

Banned
I'd have to say my boys . My wife and I always wanted one but the mini van was more practical. Then the boys said hey dad you gotta check out these videos, well I think we all know what videos I'm talking about. Then once the pay off on the car lined up with getting a new vehicle we were jeep bound. Funny I don't even think about other vehicles anymore all o think about is what to do next. Thanks boys.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeepmed

Reggie House. Back in the late 70's he had a CJ 5. We had so many good times raising heck in that thing. It took 12 years but in 1990 I bought a YJ. Kept it for 5 years and now I have had a total of 14 Jeeps. So Far.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
Like my brother already posted 4 wheeling is in our blood. We had so many good memories in the back of my dad's FJ40 ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385229732.897208.jpg oh and here's a picture of my brother (david1tontj)
Helping my dad wash the truck he taught us to take care of our toys. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385229993.804849.jpg middle willows Anza borrego 1989 ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1385230027.290967.jpg

Top Bottom