Winterize?

crookone10

This will be my first summer with new JK and wondered if there were anything you guys did to your jeep to prepare for harsh temperatures/snow/salt on the road? Never used to do much with my old tj but that was 12 years ago and I was 16 lol. Just looking for recommendations and precautions.

mackey

I am no expert, but I changed my oil to all synthetic, had an anti-freeze mix put into my windshield wiper fluid, checked my battery and am running winter rated tires (Duratracs). I also keep a shovel in my jeep.

noroad

basic stuff to get ready oil, check anti freeze, fluids and such. Pretty much just keep an eye on things, all the hard stuff starts in the spring washing all the salt off the frame and axles and a bit of sanding and re-painting.(I just painted mine again before to see how it holds up from start to finish new paint)

Jason W.

Also keep in mind wheeling in the winter, keep a couple sleeping bags along with your usual stash of food and hydration. If you were to get stuck or broken down in the woods you need something to keep from freezing to death.

JBurnside

Need to bring this back up. So it's been cold up here. Block heater has been ordered but on start up I get horrible valve clatter. My jeep has been like this since I bought it and I know it's been discussed before. It's there anyone living in a cold climate that has a fix for this?

Top Bottom