LOD texture black finish

eeftw

I'm about to pull the trigger on my rear bumper. I've narrowed it down to LOD or JCR. My front bumper is JCR, but what keeps leaning me towards the LOD is the versatility. The LOD rear bumper comes pre-finished - i know you can get them un finished but for 24 bucks thats a good deal to go ahead do the deed. How far off would the finish on the LOD differ from the finish on the front bumper if the front bumper were to be finished with bed liner?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I'm about to pull the trigger on my rear bumper. I've narrowed it down to LOD or JCR. My front bumper is JCR, but what keeps leaning me towards the LOD is the versatility. The LOD rear bumper comes pre-finished - i know you can get them un finished but for 24 bucks thats a good deal to go ahead do the deed. How far off would the finish on the LOD differ from the finish on the front bumper if the front bumper were to be finished with bed liner?

I've got the LōD rear shorty bumper with gen 3 linked carrier. I am really happy with the bumper it is stout and the finish is really nice. It is a nice durable powdercoat. I can tell you I finished my EVO sliders and they eventually chipped a bit, the powdercoat on my EVO skins isn't the best but I love my EVO products. Having said that I have to say the LōD finish is really nice. 👍

eeftw

Thanks guys but in your opinion how far would the finish be off from a bed lined front bumper? I know lod stuff is top notch.

JAGS

Hooked
Franks probably the best to call out the difference in textures as he has bedlined sliders and LOD.

I can say that my LOD Stubby Lite w/stinger is not a "flat" but maybe more of a semi/satin gloss finish. It has some texture, but not the sand/grit-like texture of bedliner (rattle can). Honestly though, not sure it would really make that much of a difference. Especially being front and rear.

I just did my EVO Skins and Sliders and they aren't the exact same texture/finish as they were powdered at different times and different places. Not something I worry about and they are literally one above the other.

In the end, you'll be happier getting what you like/want, then just getting something to "match."

StrizzyChris

In the end, you'll be happier getting what you like/want, then just getting something to "match."

x2! I have LOD sliders and Evo front bumper and stinger and they look great together. The texture is slightly different, but they don't "butt up" to each other I cant even notice the difference once installed and I am one cynical SOB! As frank mentioned, the LOD powder coating is better IMHO as well. Having said that, I would not buy a powder coated product again unless its free and opt to paint it myself.

Top Bottom